Getting in as a tranfer/ second degree student?

Hi everyone, I'm going to be attending York in the spring 2012 semester as a second degree student. Now can someone tell me the process to being accepted into the PA program. I know I have to do my sciences because I didn't take any bio or chem courses since my degree is in sociology. I'm just a little confused as to the GPA requirements since I was told that my credits will transfer not the GPA and since I will be a York student how exactly does that work?

For screening/interview into the program your current and previous GPA is considered, which is why you have to submit transcripts from all universities attended directly to the program in addition to the registrar. Obviously if you have a previous degree of a 4.0 without sciences but get all C's in your future science classes that isn't going to sit well even if it averages above the minimum for an interview. Your science grades should be a B+ or higher. I'm assuming you aren't applying for August 2012, as it would be impossible to take all sciences in 1 semester. So in that case, take most of your sciences and then set up a meeting with someone in the department to review your "pre-pa" file. It will help steer you in the right direction.

Archived