Interviews 2011

So, like many of you I'm sure, I submitted many different supplemental applications... each with their own essays/questions. I can get onto the websites of most schools and review what was submitted... except for Western!! I know they had us list out our extracurricular activities, but I can't remember what else we were to fill out! And I definitely want to review before the interview. Anyone out there print there's out? (Like I should've!!) Or remember exactly what all it included?? Thanks in advance...

K

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
I received an e-mail today saying that my application was put on hold. Better than a rejection I suppose. Good luck to everyone that got interviews!

Did you hear back from them? I got an email that my application was placed on hold as well that I'm still been considered but haven't heard back from them since then..

• 3 weeks later...

I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Be confident and knowledgable. Be able to list PA organizations and what they do. Know how you're going to pay for school and how long (yes how many years) you will be paying off loans. Why aren't you going to med school? It's an open file interview so they asked me things like "You're from OH, are you really comfortable with being that far from home?" They may also ask about your relationships and how your going to deal with not being around the people you care about. (ex: Does your spouse realize you wont have time for dates, and that you wont be able to always be together?) *I just made that one up but they asked me about my relationship and how it handles stress

-My interview was grueling. My best advise is to be confident in your answers and OWN them. If they interrupt you or say "well yes but...blah blah blah" Be polite but stick to your guns. They want to see that you know what you are talking about. Walk in with your head held high and be proud of all that you have done. Be sure to know details of what you like about their program, and what makes it different from programs around the area.

I suggest bringing something to drink.. they only had like 5 bottles of water to offer our entire interview group.

If you have other ?'s feel free to PM me!

Ugh... Im freaking out. I havent received either the invitation, hold, or rejection email yet. My application status on the checklist online hasnt changed since December. Im scared that I might have accidentally deleted the email due to deleting tons of spam emails I get... Should I have received any of those emails by now? Thanks guys....

It is in your best interest to contact admissions regarding your status. You never know what could come of it....you may still have a chance.

Just an FYI....I just checked my application status and it says "application materials received." I interviewed in January and it hasn't changed since my application was submitted.

Good Luck.

Mochimellow- you should have at least received the hold email if u were put on it

Thank you! I was finally able to breach the voicemail barrier and spoke with Jeanene White again. I received an email that notified me of my hold status. A little bittersweet, but much more satisfying than having nightmares recently of having missed the interview.

I agree. You might want to check with admissions just in case you accidentally deleted an email from them.

It is in your best interest to contact admissions regarding your status. You never know what could come of it....you may still have a chance.

Just an FYI....I just checked my application status and it says "application materials received." I interviewed in January and it hasn't changed since my application was submitted.

Good Luck.

THank you all! Like what our peers have noted, they are still interviewing persons with gpa 3.4 and above...

Archived