Accepted Students for the UNE Class of 2014!

I am in as well! Very excited about moving back to Maine! Grew up a few hours north of Portland but have lived all over the country working as an athletic trainer for the last 10 years. I was very impressed with the program, the faculty and the current students. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Yes Oregon is a great place, but I have been here for too long! When will everyone be moving? Does anyone have any idea where and with whom they will be living for the first year?

I miss the summers in Oregon, not so sure I could go through too many more winters!

My plan is to move sometime early in May. I have family there that I haven't been able to spend much time with in a long time. As far as living arrangements go, that's still up in the air right now. I am hoping that my husband and I will both be moving up there at that time but much of that will depend on whether or not he is able to find a comparable job. If not, I guess I will be living alone or with roommate(s) that are going to be OK with him possibly moving in at some point! Lots of things to figure out between now and then!

Heyyyy guys! I'm in as well, couldn't be more excited about UNE, and moving to Maine -- what a wild and beautiful state.

Also pumped to get to know everyone in our class; a current UNE-er recommended that we make a Facebook group for our class to facilitate this, and to talk about housing, communicating with former students, etc. Seems like a great idea! Has one already been made? I searched, but to no avail.

Zach, I also was in the Nov 19th group but I'm terrible with names!

~Kara

Hello, all!

I was in the Nov 19th interview group, as well, and am thrilled to be attending UNE! !!!!! x10 exclamation marks!

Zach, I'm ALSO from Portland, Oregon. It's a bittersweet feeling to be moving to Bizarro Portland, but my wife and I are super excited! I spent a few days trekking around Portland and Biddeford, and the overall vibe I got was that Bizarro Portland is much like THE Portland, but smaller. Seems like a great place to live.

I'll be moving as soon as my wife gets a job there. We're hoping that she can find work with a company that will offer a relocation bonus, because moving cross country is going to be expensive!

Facebook group sounds great. I can't make, but I'll join up as soon as someone else does!

So happy to meet all of you!

Cameron,

That's awesome. I am living in Lake Oswego right now and I am really excited to move! You are right it will be very expensive to move. I don't have Facebook right now but if someone makes a page I will join. Cameron, when did you interview? I do remember a girl named Emily from PDX at the Nov. interview. Kara, I'm not sure if we met at the interview, but I'm happy we all made it! Maybe us Portland Oregon folks could get together sometime. Anyone Facebook savvy please set our class up because that seems like the beat way to make connections.

Julia, I friend requested you. Cameron Steineckert

Zach, alas facebook is a necessary evil, isn't it? Too bad we can't do all this on diaspora, instead. I interviewed Nov 19th, same as you. We didn't meet- I would have remembered another Portlander, not to mention the fact that there weren't that many guys there. I'm sure we at least saw each other. I was the guy from China, if that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived