The city of detroit safety?

There are plenty of safe areas outside of the city. I do not know UDM campus. But you could easily find a place to rent in Ferndale, Berkley, Royal Oak and be about 15/20 mins from campus. I went to Wayne State and there were only 3 of my classmates that rented apartments near the school. Most rented in the areas I just mentioned. I can tell you that nearly everyone that parked their car on the street to avoid paying for parking had their cars broken into, so definately it is worth it to pay for parking. Also the areas mentioned above have safe to walk downtown areas when you need a break. Good Luck

Keep in mind that 99% of violent crimes that are committed in a city like detroit are between people that are involved with drugs. That's not to say that there isn't your random carjackings, robberies, and other stuff. But you are not likely to get randomly shot if you aren't somehow involved in the drug game. Detroit is safe as long as you are smart about things.

Archived