Hi everyone,

This is my first time applying to PA school, straight out of undergrad (I'm 22). I have been rejected by 3/5 schools so far, and although I want to remain optimistic about the other 2, I also want to be realistic. I'm thinking that one of the major reasons I have been rejected is due to my GPA (3.13 cumulative, about 2.75 science). If that is the case, I know I could benefit by retaking some classes (slash taking some more classes such as genetics and biochemistry that would increase my range of possible schools to apply to), but I'm wondering what the reaction would be by adcoms to an online course. I'm working 2 jobs and unless I quit one and rearrange the hours of the other, it's just not possible to add in a class or two. I live in MN and the University of MN offers both an online genetics and an online biochemistry course. Would this be a feasible means to obtain those pre-reqs and possibly boost my GPA? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

-Laura

Yeah I have over 2500 HCE hrs and have shadowed multiple PAs and have volunteered for 4 different orgs over the past 4 yrs. We could discuss that further but honestly what I am concerned about is whether or not I can take an online class. Swooshie, thanks, I'll have to check into it I guess!

Archived