Prerequisites done by when?

Hi, everyone,

I'm hoping to apply to Tri-C in 2012 for the class entering in 2013 (graduating in 2015). I've been reading the literature on their website, and I noticed the following.

In the Admissions Checklist on the website, the following is stated regarding prerequisites:

"All prerequisites must be met prior to application unless the final prerequisite is being completed that Fall semester of application year and submission of successful completion is received by time of acceptance decision."

However, in the downloaded program information packet, the following is stated:

"All prerequisites must be met prior to application deadlineunless the final prerequisite is being completed that spring semester of application year and submission of successful completion is received by time of acceptance decision."

My questions:

1. I am not sure which of the two policies is in effect. When must all prerequisites be finished? In my case, Spring 2012 or Fall 2012? It seemed unlikely that the "spring semester" would be Spring 2013.

2. I am planning to take two prerequisites (Chem II and Micro) during Fall 2012 semester. Will it be detrimental for me to have two prerequisites pending? Would it be beneficial to have a letter in my application packet from the instructors indicating good standing in the courses?

*I do realize it's odd to take Chem II after OChem, which I will be taking from University of New England in the Spring/Summer 2012. I have already taken Chem I&II, but it was 12 years ago. So I'm retaking...which isn't so bad because I can improve on my C (freshman year was not good for me).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived