Health Professional Shortage Area

I don't think it means we get an interview...that'd be nice though! As far as I can tell you have to have some connection to one of those areas - either be from there, have lived there, have family there, went to school, etc. I grew up in the Central Valley which is a HPSA but its not one of the ones listed unfortunately :( It sounds like such a great opportunity for those who are eligible to apply!

Guest cabkrun

I believe the preference is that you have ties or connections to the area. They want to try to make sure you are not only committed to going back to practice in that area (rotations are done there also) but also have an understanding of and comfort level as well. Someone who has lived in a big city all their life for example, may have rough times moving to humboldt county. Doesnt mean you should not apply for the scholarship, but preferences are given to a qualified applicant from that HPSA. Best of luck to you all!

Archived