Drexel University PA Class of 2014

Hey Everyone,

My name is Adam, I just wanted to make a thread for all the students that got accepted so far into Drexel University for the upcoming PA class of 2014. I thought it would be a good way for all of us to meet each other and maybe start a facebook group, etc. Hope everyone who is still waiting has a good outcome and those that have yet to interview as well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your acceptances! I'm currently a part time student (3 years instead of 2) so I will have a majority of classes with you guys and graduate with you in 2014. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the program. I look forward to meeting everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Jes224, a few of the reasons I chose Drexel over PCOM were the consistently high PANCE pass rates, faculty experience, high rate of job placements after graduation and immediate clinical experience. Since Drexel's program is connected to Hahnemann hospital we are able to begin taking history and physicals on patients in the hospital as early as the second week of school whereas if the school!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I have an interview at Drexel the first week of February 2012 and am really excited. Can anyone give me any helpful insights and their thoughts about the interview process? I've never been to Philly and am from the West Coast so any info is much appreciated.

Hi everybody. I just received an email this morning inviting me for an interview at the end of Feb...I think the 24th. I actually applied and interviewed at this program last year so I assumed since I hadn't heard anything (until today) that I was going to be rejected. But I guess they decided at the last minute to give me another shot. Anyway, I'm not sure how different the process will be this year, but last year we had I think 3 short essays to do. They were pretty random, like what our thoughts were on the current healthcare situation or something like that, and we only had a few minutes to do them. It was pretty stressful. haha There were like 12 of us the day I interviewed, and they presented a short powerpoint overviewing the program, and about the financial aid you can receive, etc. They served us lunch and gave us a tour. I interviewed with a current student, then with 2 members of the faculty. Hope some of that info helps! Good Luck!

Hi everybody. I just received an email this morning inviting me for an interview at the end of Feb...I think the 24th. I actually applied and interviewed at this program last year so I assumed since I hadn't heard anything (until today) that I was going to be rejected. But I guess they decided at the last minute to give me another shot. Anyway, I'm not sure how different the process will be this year, but last year we had I think 3 short essays to do. They were pretty random, like what our thoughts were on the current healthcare situation or something like that, and we only had a few minutes to do them. It was pretty stressful. haha There were like 12 of us the day I interviewed, and they presented a short powerpoint overviewing the program, and about the financial aid you can receive, etc. They served us lunch and gave us a tour. I interviewed with a current student, then with 2 members of the faculty. Hope some of that info helps! Good Luck!

I haven't heard anything about the number of students accepted to the program, but just from searching around this forum and the facebook group that was started there are at least 20 spots taken. I'm sure there are still plenty of seats or else they wouldn't still be conducting interviews. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone at the interview and getting to see Drexel and Philly first hand.

I haven't heard anything about the number of students accepted to the program, but just from searching around this forum and the facebook group that was started there are at least 20 spots taken. I'm sure there are still plenty of seats or else they wouldn't still be conducting interviews. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone at the interview and getting to see Drexel and Philly first hand.

Archived