Emory Class of 2014! :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

corit -- Everyone has already said it, but it's true: Just be yourself. Relax. Have fun. The AdCom is really friendly, and they want to get to know you. There are no tricky questions. I had a great time on my interview day! The day before your interview, make sure you know how to get to the School of Medicine from the parking garage..it's a little bit of a walk, and I know I would have been nervous about finding it if I didn't already know where it was!

Hi jmpetersen!

Congrats on the acceptance. That is awesome! I have an interview in Jan and I was just wondering what the format of the interview is. Is it several one-on-one interviews? or do you sit in a room with multiple interviewers at the same time? I really appreciate your time and help. Thank you!!

Hey there! Thank you! It's a group interview with a few interviewers and 2-3 other interviewees. There are a few other components to the day - sitting in on a class, campus tour, lunch with students...they do put you into a scenario by yourself where you have to troubleshoot a problem - I'll let the details of that be a surprise!

Good luck on your interview! It should be a fun day!

Thank you so much for the speedy reply! I really appreciated your advice and giving me a little more information on what to expect! eek, i'm nervous about the group interview now b/c i've only done one-on-one interviews, which I fine to be a little less intimidating. but thanks again! Hopefully I'll meet you sometime next year if I get accepted, too! =)

• 2 weeks later...

jmpetersen and gerbie00, I got the acceptance call as well. I had a really tough time deciding between Emory and another respected program which is practically in my back yard. I’ll be leaving behind family, friends and most likely a girlfriend but regardless, I’ve firmly chosen Emory and last night I dropped my deposit in the mail!!! Can’t wait to meet everybody!

Congrats gerbie and Daniel! Can't wait to meet both of you. I dropped my check in the mail this morning :)

wldus2058 - On the adcom's first day to meet (Nov 9), they did call that afternoon. I know they meet today to make more decisions, but I wrote down in my notebook, "Don't expect a call on the day of the meeting" because it's a long, hard day for the committee. So I guess it could go either way... good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I second PedsPA. It's a very thorough interview process, but it is also very relaxed, pleasant, and not really something that you can study/prepare for (besides knowing why you want to be a PA and why you are choosing Emory, both of which are probably topics that you can already talk about).... GOOD LUCK!

I second PedsPA. It's a very thorough interview process, but it is also very relaxed, pleasant, and not really something that you can study/prepare for (besides knowing why you want to be a PA and why you are choosing Emory, both of which are probably topics that you can already talk about).... GOOD LUCK!

Archived