GWU Program Director Resigns After Controversy

Saw this article on my News homepage this morning and was shocked that it was a PA professor and Program Director that was involved. Hopefully this sort of publicity doesn't negatively effect the PA profession's reputation in the national mind. Definitely interested in how GWU will be responding to this situation as I am interviewing there in two weeks for their PA/MPH program. What do you all think about the situation? Should I consider the school differently considering these allegations?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/campus-overload/post/gwu-professor-resigns-accused-of-not-teaching/2011/11/08/gIQASJQt0M_blog.html

Something seems strange about the article. There were no exams? in this class. Evidence based Medicine is a pretty important class and our class was only actually "taught" by the faculty a few times, most of the time it was guest lecturers speciality appropriate to the topic. The faculty in charge of the class set up all the lectures, made the test based on each sections objectivies and graded them etc.. So when we did Renal all the lectueres were Nephrologist or Nephro fellows. The lecutres were at time helpful but honestly most of it I learned by reading on my own. I find it hard to believe that this course did not have any exams.... So I think there are some things missing from this article....

Archived