Marquette vs. PhilaU

Hey everyone! I got into both programs which has been really exciting but it's been surprisingly overwhelming. I have until next Tuesday to submit a $1000 deposit to one of these schools and am having so much trouble deciding. Any advice on how to choose? I like both equally. Should its ranking play a role at all in my decision (e.g., PhilaU > Marquette) or no? Or the fact that PhilaU is 25 months while Marquette is 3 years? And PhilaU does most of its rotations in the area while Marquette has a bunch abroad which I thought was cool...I just want to make an intelligent decision and have no regrets, but am really struggling!

I'd be so appreciative to get anyone's feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

I interviewed at Marquette last year and I thought their facilities sucked compared to other programs, they were also very unfriendly! It was a horrible experience. As a current PA student elsewhere, I'm SO glad I didn't get into Marquette b/c 3 years of PA school would be hell. I actually commented on that yesterday, lol. I love PA school but I wouldn't want to do an extra year of basic science classes. Imagine spending 40 hours a week or more at each school because thats what many of us do. Go with your gut, if you liked one better than the other go with that one! I know nothing about PhilU...oh, and go with a program that has real cadavers, it makes a big difference in learning I think.

Archived