Accepted Touro Bayshore Class of 2014

It depends on what you're looking for. Touro is surrounded by some affordable areas; many of them are predominantly hispanic with mostly Spanish speaking stores. Central Islip, Brentwood, and parts of Bay shore are probably going to be cheaper but make sure you do your research on the area.

Has anyone found more information on housing? I searched craigslist and some of the cheapest options were 600-700/month for a room.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here... but it seems kind of pointless to look for housing right now.. these places want you to move in ASAP and since we start in August, i don't know if it's worth it to check them out...

Good point. I guess I'll keep doing research so I know what an average for the area is. I just don't want to miss out on the "best" rate, you know? Are you from NY or out of state?

I'm from Jersey but too far away to commute so I'm moving to LI when the time comes. I've talked to previous students who said housing is pretty easy to find and I'm going to wait till mid June to probably start looking as most people will want you to occupy immediately. Did anyone file their FAFSA yet? If anyone makes a Facebook group post it in here so we can all join! If not, i'll try to get around to it soon

Hey everyone... i'm currently in the PA program here in bayshore- by the time you guys get in i will be finished with my first year and starting clinicals. I read a lot in this thread that sounds very similar to what my class went through and I'm here to tell you, touro is very disorganized up there in administration but it is a greattt school. The people in charge of your applications i.e.: donna, brian and jen, DO NOT TEACH YOUR CLASSES. Yes it is true that sometimes classes are cancelled because a teacher is also a DOCTOR or a PA who cannot get out of work... guess what?? embrace it, you will need every second to study. If you live far away i know it sucks because you just drove allll the way to bayshore just to sit in 1 class because the second one was cancelled...but there are benefits... you get to go to the bar down the block LOL or you can hide in a room and study ...or you can sit in traffic for hours and ***** about it.

if anyone has any questions.. feel free

Hey everyone... i'm currently in the PA program here in bayshore- by the time you guys get in i will be finished with my first year and starting clinicals. I read a lot in this thread that sounds very similar to what my class went through and I'm here to tell you, touro is very disorganized up there in administration but it is a greattt school. The people in charge of your applications i.e.: donna, brian and jen, DO NOT TEACH YOUR CLASSES. Yes it is true that sometimes classes are cancelled because a teacher is also a DOCTOR or a PA who cannot get out of work... guess what?? embrace it, you will need every second to study. If you live far away i know it sucks because you just drove allll the way to bayshore just to sit in 1 class because the second one was cancelled...but there are benefits... you get to go to the bar down the block LOL or you can hide in a room and study ...or you can sit in traffic for hours and ***** about it.

anyone know how many seats are open? have many ppl been accepted at this point? should i be worrying at this point ?? congrats to all who got admission :)

They dont give numbers out but when I asked they told me that every year they have about 60 seats available..

I went to ask them about the class changes and even though it messes with your schedule, at least you know your professors are working professionals... still in the game. They bring their work to class, which is a good thing - lots of experience. And you're totally right about using the time to study study study haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone I also got accepted into the program starting this fall!! I'm moving from Florida so if anyone is looking for a roommate (females only) let me know. How do we know what our schedule will be? Do they email it to you or do we have to register? I am also confused of what to do now that we have been accepted. If anyone can help let me know. Thank you!

Hey guys! Join our facebook group! Look on the previous post for the link =D.

And csangel.. I am a female looking for a possible roommate too- I think it would be the most affordable to find a house with 3/4 bedrooms in babylon but still doing some research..

Hey,

A few people PMed me and asked me that a few months ago. I felt weird posting my stats but at the same time, I know that was something I scoured to find on here before I was accepted. So... if you scroll back a few pages I wrote about my work experience, gpa, shadowing, etc. Like I mentioned I only wrote it because I remember very well the stress leading up to my application year and the months waiting for interviews and/or acceptances. I don't wanna be a know-it-all but at the end of the day each person is so different in terms of where they went to school, what they studied, how they performed, work experience, life experiences, and personal statement that something like GPA can't truly predict, but thats just my opinion. Maybe others on here will tell you a bit about them and that might give you a better idea of what this school looks for.

Archived