Accepted Touro Bayshore Class of 2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my interview last week and they were pretty nice. I did get the feeling that they weren't so prepared though. I arrived 15 minutes early and they told me to site and wait while they reviewed my file. The interview itself was... interesting. I felt there was a great dynamic between the interviewers, but at some moments I felt I wasn't being interviewed and was instead just chatting with them. This was nice and 'casual' but nerve wracking! The interviewers were passionate about their jobs and I really liked that because I'm hoping it transfers to their teaching too.

All in all, I just got my acceptance letter today (yay!). Now the question is, should I attend? I'm worried about what they said about the classes being "up to negotiation", meaning that sometimes the PA professors don't get out of work yet and can't make it to the lecture... which means the lecture is cancelled. And they mentioned how sometimes you'll have a class from 9-11am, and then have a big break until later that night because that's when the next professor is available. Should I be worried? (Then there was the issue in 2007 which seems to have been resolved).

I'm certainly not a representative of the school but I'll offer some assistance here. Basically, there are two types of admissions processes: deadline and rolling admissions. Touro Bayshore and winthrop are rolling admissions, therefore, they evaluate applications as they are received. In a deadline application process, schools wait until the deadline before they start reading applications. So, if Caspa opens mid-april 2011 that means students had applications in april/may/june/july etc for this coming september 2012 class. I know Bayshore starts interviewing usually august/september, so although the deadline is february or march they've been interviewing for almost 6 months already. If for some reason you don't get into any schools this CASPA cycle I'm pretty sure that CASPA saves almost all of your profile so make sure that if you reapply you do it early, especially if schools are rolling admissions. Its also a good idea to contact schools and ask them questions about when they start interviewing, when you should have stuff in, etc.

^Well I called yesterday to ask what I was lacking and funny enough the lady I talked with is gonna take a second look at my application b/c she said all my pre-reqs were very good and gpa was descent and sounded suspicious. She said many of the courses I took to complete for my major (like physics) are not even considered for admission so basically I"m assuming they are looking at mainly at those two. I'm hoping for an interview at least..feel a bit frantic now.

^Well I called yesterday to ask what I was lacking and funny enough the lady I talked with is gonna take a second look at my application b/c she said all my pre-reqs were very good and gpa was descent and sounded suspicious. She said many of the courses I took to complete for my major (like physics) are not even considered for admission so basically I"m assuming they are looking at mainly at those two. I'm hoping for an interview at least..feel a bit frantic now.

Nice work PAgirl! it always helps to call and hound the admissions office, they're people too and at Touro they seem to understand our stress more so then other schools i interviewed or applied to. Keep us updated on your progress

Anyone start filing their fafsa yet??

Anyone know where would be a good area to move to near the school?

Or if you are looking for a roommates (females only), you can PM me!

It depends on what you're looking for. Touro is surrounded by some affordable areas; many of them are predominantly hispanic with mostly Spanish speaking stores. Central Islip, Brentwood, and parts of Bay shore are probably going to be cheaper but make sure you do your research on the area.

Anyone start filing their fafsa yet??

Anyone know where would be a good area to move to near the school?

Or if you are looking for a roommates (females only), you can PM me!

It depends on what you're looking for. Touro is surrounded by some affordable areas; many of them are predominantly hispanic with mostly Spanish speaking stores. Central Islip, Brentwood, and parts of Bay shore are probably going to be cheaper but make sure you do your research on the area.

I emailed them last week and they said that my application is being processed and they will let me know if I get an interview. They also mention that their application deadline was March 1st, so they are still going through applications and I should not be worried.

Archived