Accepted Touro Bayshore Class of 2014

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just got my letter this afternoon that I'm accepted for 2012!!! When I get some energy I'll start a Facebook group for us ( a lot of other classes did it and said its good to get to know people and that maybe you can find someone to split housing with etc.) I have to mail my deposit and then ask them how soon I need the medical forms handed in because my primary goes away for the holidays!! i'm very excited. Anyone else who is accepted inbox me and we'll stay in touch

When I got there, they said that between the time that they offered me the interview and the day of my actual interview, all of the spots were filled by people who were already interviewed (if you followed that confusing statement lol). They also asked me my preference of campus/start date so I said bayshore august. Two weeks later I got a letter accepting me! The interviewers were very nice by the way, really relaxed environment unlike my other interview at a different school.

• 2 weeks later...
When I got there, they said that between the time that they offered me the interview and the day of my actual interview, all of the spots were filled by people who were already interviewed (if you followed that confusing statement lol). They also asked me my preference of campus/start date so I said bayshore august. Two weeks later I got a letter accepting me! The interviewers were very nice by the way, really relaxed environment unlike my other interview at a different school.

Congrats! When they said all the spots were filled, did they refer to the winthrop campus or the bayshore? since the bayshore deadline is in March of 2012, I am a little confused reading your post. Thanks!

Vera 12- I was referring to Winthrop being filled. I was accepted into Bayshore, which I have to say, I prefer.

CaliGirl- As for the person who asked about the interview, just be yourself, don't act nervous. they want to know a bit about what drives you, how you arrived at this decision, and some basic morals etc. Good luck.

Kaitling- I had the same question about forms and spoke with the admissions office recently. They told me that the most important is the deposit. Official transcripts should be sent in very soon, and you can hold off on the medical forms and Bio page until late spring early summer.

Vera 12- I was referring to Winthrop being filled. I was accepted into Bayshore, which I have to say, I prefer.

CaliGirl- As for the person who asked about the interview, just be yourself, don't act nervous. they want to know a bit about what drives you, how you arrived at this decision, and some basic morals etc. Good luck.

Kaitling- I had the same question about forms and spoke with the admissions office recently. They told me that the most important is the deposit. Official transcripts should be sent in very soon, and you can hold off on the medical forms and Bio page until late spring early summer.

Thank you so much for your reply frankL87! Best luck of all, I am just waiting now.

Congrats to everyone that got accepted =).I have also applied to both bayshore and manhattan program but my application is still under review and I am getting realy nervous, if you guys dont mind can you please put your stats up, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I always like to help people out because I know how stressful it was through the application process. I was accepted into Bayshore to start this August.

Caspa calculated my Cumulative GPA to be a 3.2 I believe with my science a 3.3. I took 2 years off after I graduated undergrad because I was a psych major and didn't have the necessary prereqs, also, my gpa was a 3.0 when i finished my bachelors. I went to a post-bacc program and finished AP I & II, Gen Chem I & II, Organic I & II, Microbiology, and Physics I & II in 18 months with a 3.7 gpa while at the same time gaining my EMT-B certification. I worked 4 summers as an in-patient physical therapy aide and wound care aide, 1 summer as a rehab tech at a nursing home, and my psych capstone project was mentoring underprivileged youth. During the post-bacc program I worked doing billing and clerical work in a doctors office. I also shadowed PA's and MD's during that time.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask "should I apply now?" If your referring to Fall 2012 start date I would say its pretty late and most deadlines have passed, however, you may find some schools with January Start dates. I think CASPA opens in April or May for the following year meaning 2013 start dates. That leaves you a few months to at least volunteer or shadow. I would also recommend buying the book"getting into the PA school of your choice", thats not the exact title but the interview prep was especially helpful. Good luck, if you want to inbox me I'd be glad to share anything else that I know as long as its not too specific about the interview or something like that ( I don't think that would be fair and would def be frowned upon)

Archived