Class of 2014

Mariel,

I would love to meet you all. In fact I am sure some of the current first year students would love to meet you all soon. We will be holding some social events in the next semester. We are going to have a happy hour of some sort so I will be sure to let you all know when it is so we can meet everyone who is accepted and hopefully we can be helpful to you all. Congrats again!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champion,

I currently am a first year student and I drive from S. Jersey every day. I do have a friend in the class that takes the train from south jersey right now. I live in Mount Laurel/Moorestown area and depending on the day I leave anywhere from 6:45 for an 8am class to 7:30 for a 9am class. I know my friend who takes the train takes the speed line to the city and then takes a bus from there. I know she leaves pretty early in the morning for our 8am classes. Days vary but it is now winter semester and to get there for 8am you have to leave pretty early. Where in S. Jersey do you live? I would be happy to help you figure out the best thing to do. I would say anything further than an hour ride tends to wear on students. traffic can get pretty hectic coming home. I would be happy to meet with you and some of the other students next semester (in feb or so) when we can hopefully put together a happy hour with the current first year students.Hope this helps

lilkrisk,

Thanks for the help. Im coming from Egg Harbor city, its about 20 mins west of atlantic city. I know some people that take the patco(i believe it is) from lindenwold to phila but I dont know what they do from there. Let me know what you think would work out better for me. Thanks for the help and ill be waiting for the feb invite lol. thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

champion..

I would definitely recommend getting a place by school. That is quite a hike you have and it will take a toll on you. Students who were coming from that far all moved closer. Your grades may suffer from the commute and it is a long haul from where you live to PCOM. PATCO does come into Philly but from there you have to catch a bus to school. Again my classmate goes from sicklerville and usually leaves around 6am to get to school on time...It is not worth the hassle and stress...do whatever you can to move closer...you can try to make the commute the first semester to see how it is but I would suggest just starting off in a place close by...PCOM has housing opportunities on their intranet site. While they don't offer housing, there is plenty of networks to help you find a place....good luck! I come from the Moorestown area and this alone is enough of a commute...I wouldn't do it if it were any further...good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Archived