To all fellow PA-C, ATCs...

Folks:

It is almost time to renew my ATC credentials.  The self-evaluation CME they're requiring makes it difficult to renew and I find that I'm not using the credentials anymore, really, so I'm considering not renewing them. 

What say you? 

I worked really friggin' hard to get that set of letters, I don't want to let them go and I've renewed them now for years as a PA.  Their new requirements, though, are very time consuming and may be prohibitively so. 

Any advice appreciated.

Andrew

If you are referring to the EBP credits that are now required, yes they are a pain, but achievable. I am just getting ready to submit my CME as well. If you are still an NATA member there are free EBP credits available.

Depending on your field, it is worth keeping the ATC credentials. If you do not submit your CEU's and continue to use the AT letters, check your state AT Licensure statutes because many of them include name protection. That would mean you could not represent yourself as an Athletic Trainer.

Just my 2 cents.

I am a PA student right now and ATC and just renewed mine. If your referring to the EBP CEUs AT Still University offers 5 free if you get them done by the 11th. I also found that physicaltherapy.com had a deal of $99 for unlimited CEUs and I finished all my EBP ceus through there. The ones on physicaltherapy.com were relatively quick and easy to. Me and a classmate were able to get them all done within a day, barely taking more than two hours. I agree that after everything you put yourself through to get those credentials it's a shame to lose them. Hope it works out

Ha, wish I would have seen this two days ago. I just spent like $200 to do the NATA EBP ones. I figured it was the simplest route. Unfortunately, most of the CEUs were pretty dry, but at least they are done and submitted.

It's been 5 years since I stopped working as an AT, I now work in renal transplant and per diem in the ED.  But... I wouldn't let the ATC lapse if you can help it, considering you never know where it might be useful in the future and it's much harder to get back. Plus you did bust your butt for 4 years in undergrad to sit for that exam. You might as well maintain it.

-K

Archived