Accepted Hofstra University PA Students Class of 2014!!!!

Yay!! Congrats!! :) I'm hoping for a packet that explains more about the program, that's one thing I'm not all too impressed with is the lack of detail their website goes into about the program, but maybe they don't want to divulge that until they figure out who is going to be attending... Where are you going to be coming from? Are you going to get an apartment in Long Island? It's coming quicker than I thought... Only 9 months!! :-O

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the cadaver thing, I asked the program director about it and she said that we do work on cadavers, but we just don't do any of the cutting. So it's basically all the learning without the tediousness of cutting and teasing apart blood vessels and such (or at least that was the impression she gave me). And it will take less time. Only draw back to this is you won't get any practice for surgery.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! I'm in the waiting game right now... they made it seem like there aren't any spots open because they had ~1350 (?) applicants and interviewed ~127(? not including my session I think) and they have 3 students from the 3+2 program coming. They say they are taking 35 in addition to the 3.

Haha that's the part about Hofstra that is annoying to me. I sent in my deposit in mid-November. Didn't hear anything back saying they've received it, thanks for choosing us, etc... I finally called last week and made sure they got it because my check still hadn't been cashed!! That's just rude to me. I haven't heard anything about student ID or any of the such. I am assuming that they were waiting until all their interviews were finished before they sent out all that, but just kind of inconsiderate, in my opinion, not to acknowledge any of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived