2012 cycle

Yeah, it's tricky because some schools have switched over to the rolling admissions process and I wasn't aware of that because alot of them don't have it on their website, so you're waiting until the deadline and all of a sudden you either get an interview or a rejection letter well before the deadline... I haven't heard anything from Daemen either so maybe they are sticking with the "get all the applications then choose who they want" approach. Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did Le moyne on the sat interview. I have UNE this weekend and I have daemen on Feb 3rd. Still waiting on a response from Pace. Was denied from stonybrook and salus. I was very impressed with the program at Le moyne and the new facility is very tempting. Im just not too sure about the Syracuse area, im not sure if its for me. If everything goes well I think my #1 is going to be UNE, I hear portland is a great place to be. Its quite hard to rate these programs, and even harder to find information thats not self reported. the only ranking system i found was USnews, which ide like not to use as the standard. I hear good things about Daemen but 3 years compared to 2 is a big decision. How about you?

Did I meet you at Le Moyne? Did you interview at D'Youville as well?

Yes, I thought the Le Moyne program looked very strong. I looked at UNE online and it seemed to have many similarities to Le Moyne's program--you may like it as well. I agree it is difficult to rate the programs. Someone had shared this interesting article with me. http://www.paeaonline.org/index.php?...ction/i/118967

Daemen has a good solid program as well. I have heard only good things about it from grads, current students and professionals here in Buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when/how they send out accepted/denied notifications? I think I remember them saying over 800 applied, 50 got interviewed, and 25 will get accepted. (please correct me if im wrong) 50% chance of getting in post-interview is a lot better then all of the schools I have applied to. I was doing a bit of research today and noticed that though they have excellent PANCE score I don't think their retention rate is that good. They have a class size of about 65, but last year only 33 took the exam. Does anyone know if there is a 1 year reevaluation process? I know some grad schools do that but I have not heard of a PA school doing it. My theory is that maybe a good portion of those who drop come from the bs/ms track. Any thoughts?

Good questions, dawind. Is the class size of 65 the entire group of BS/MS students? And the 33 who took the exam may represent the class finishing that term?

My understanding of the interview numbers was same as your observation in your post above. And the number accepted into the Masters program (20-30) depends on how many sophomores in the 5 yr BS/MS program make the cut so to speak and continue.

I would be curious to know more about their retention rate as well and does the retention issue apply more to the undergraduates in the program? If you find out, please post.

Archived