Interviews for Class of 2014

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bgdog,

Thank you for letting us know..lol...we are all waiting anxiously :)

I think we got our calls last year on Fri so yes, I feel your pain.

We are already planning an event and some other stuff for you guys so...

Hurry up and get accepted already!

Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear and congrats to those who did hear! I am applying to the program this year, class of 2015 (seems so far away), but was wondering what kind of experience and academics you guys had under your belt to even make it to the validation sessions. Thanks!

Still waiting with all the rest. Have to say I didn't get a Chipotle coupon for a free burrito. So I'm very disappointed. With sour notional boards, they also have "actor" patients, we called them "mock" patients. They can be quite entertaining. They actually go through quite a a bit of training to respond to the student's questions appropriately. All-in-all you would think that they saw Kramer on Seinfeld too may times. (does that reference make me old?) Have to say, I'll be keeping my phone handy the next few weeks.

Bgdog-

I am confused..class starts in June and the White coat Ceremony is Oct the Following year, right?

Not sure why I am EVEN asking bc I havent been accepted, lol...but just curious by your comment.

Thanks again for your responses :)

Yes, school starts in June and the White Coat is in October. You start being taped seeing "actor" patients around then so I think that's why they have it so early.

Bgdog-

I am confused..class starts in June and the White coat Ceremony is Oct the Following year, right?

Not sure why I am EVEN asking bc I havent been accepted, lol...but just curious by your comment.

Thanks again for your responses :)

Oct, four months after school starts.

Probably the least of your worries at this point.

Getting in, = most important, getting through the first quarter = 2nd most important.

For those curious as to what the first and second quarters are like, search my past posts. It was pretty detailed re-the program.

Any other questions, PM me.

Good luck to everyone, this is an exciting time and will change your life if accepted.

Wow, we need to quit stressing!!! I know it is hard not to be so anxious but try to spend more time with your families, exercise, go for a walk and enjoy the weather, because in a few months we will be up all night with our faces planted in the CMDT wondering "WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!"

Hope today's the day. I don't think my nerves can handle too much more of this waiting. It's making it very hard to concentrate! The great burrito celebration sounds like a blast- I want to be there for the ordering of 50 burritos with coupon!

AND with FREE guacamole! Oh yes. Don't forget the guac.

"I don't think my nerves can handle too much more of this waiting. It's making it very hard to concentrate!" Sure sounds like the classic stress response to me. However, I would include "excitement" as a common stimulator of the sympathetic nervous system. Stress doesn't have to be a bad thing, however in our society we tend to think of it that way. It sharpens our minds, improves physical ability and all the rest...

In my opinion "making it hard to concentrate" is however a sure sign of excess sympathetic nervous system stimulation. Now I am getting stressed out, time for a run.

Archived