Class of 2014

Well I saw the thread "Class beginning May 2012" but figured I'd start this anyways, just for people that have been accepted (and any others that have any questions about the application process of course) so maybe we can get to know each other and get some housing worked out for those of you who want roommates and would rather not have them randomly assigned. I can't wait until May !:=-0:

Also, getting a facebook group in order wouldn't be such a bad idea. I will volunteer and build it similarly to the LMU DCOM 2013 class.

I'm in Knoxville so the move won't be so drastic for me. Going up there Saturday to try and get acquainted with the surrounding areas. Oh yeah, I couldn't be more excited about starting in May!

I'm living at the Ball apartments in the 2 bedroom ones and rent's $750/month and you can rent a washer/dryer for $25 if you need to. That doesn't include utilities though. They have 1 bedrooms too but I can't remember how much they were, but I think it was somewhere around $500 or $550? Not sure about that though but I do know that water is included for the 1 bedrooms - not the 2 bedrooms though. They're nice though and quiet (at least the 2 bedrooms are). Plus you can have pets, they say that the dogs have to be under 25 lbs but if you talk to them they'll usually let you have bigger pets.. my dog's 45 lbs and they were fine with that.

Any assumptions as to how many students have been accepted? I am interviewing on December 8th and any thoughts, advice, or encouragement is greatly welcomed.

Looking forward to the process.

I have no idea how many they have accepted, but I do know they are accepting 80 this year which is a lot more than last year. PM me if you have questions about the interview day, I already sent someone else a long message about the process and what not, I can just forward it to you. Good luck!

Regarding the earlier post about Ball Apartments and two bedroom duplexes, the owner, Roger Ball, called me after I requested information. We talked for 20 minutes about me, where I was from, etc. Nice as could be! Not only did he personally guarantee I would have a duplex in May, he said if he didn't have one for me that my dog and I could sleep on his floor until he built one for us. Only in small town Tennessee! Also, I told him my dog is 50-60 pounds and part rottweiler and he had no problem with that.

I would imagine around 30 people have been offered a spot so far. That is a complete and total guess and I have no information to really go on. They just performed their 5th interview cycle, so I imagine they will want half a class by the end of this coming week at least.

I have no idea how many they have accepted, but I do know they are accepting 80 this year which is a lot more than last year. PM me if you have questions about the interview day, I already sent someone else a long message about the process and what not, I can just forward it to you. Good luck!

No, it's not a lot more than last year. There are 80 in the class of 2013 also! Good luck to all!

lkindle: I wouldn't stress it. Mr. Hobbs informed me that it was unusual for the selection committee to meet so quickly, thus the 72 hour turnaround a few of us received is out of the ordinary. Good luck!

Darn! Interviewed on 11/18 and was hoping to get in on some of the quick turn around time! Waiting is painful. Good luck to everyone still hoping to get in.

Archived