Application Cycle 2011-2012

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick little advert: I live in Forest Ridge about 15 minutes from campus at Middlebrook Pike/Hardin Valley and near Lovell Rd. and I have a 2 bdr 2.5 bath townhouse with just me living in it. I am offering it up to any student in the class of 2014 who would like to share space/rent. It is a double master meaning both bedrooms are the same size. I have wireless and flat screen tv etc. The caveat is I do have 2 cats so you must be okay with cats. Rent would be like $450 and includes internet, water, electric, cable TV, etc. Potential roommates would need to be available August 7th to sign a lease with me (15 month preferred but 12 month optional) although you wouldn't need to split the rent till you start school.

Quick little advert: I live in Forest Ridge about 15 minutes from campus at Middlebrook Pike/Hardin Valley and near Lovell Rd. and I have a 2 bdr 2.5 bath townhouse with just me living in it. I am offering it up to any student in the class of 2014 who would like to share space/rent. It is a double master meaning both bedrooms are the same size. I have wireless and flat screen tv etc. The caveat is I do have 2 cats so you must be okay with cats. Rent would be like $450 and includes internet, water, electric, cable TV, etc. Potential roommates would need to be available August 7th to sign a lease with me (15 month preferred but 12 month optional) although you wouldn't need to split the rent till you start school.

NWH, really anywhere along I-40 before downtown should be ok areas to look for apts, as my classmates live in those areas primarily. I live out near the airport in Alcoa; it's quiet, but i wouldn't recommend living this far out.

Oneal, i think the rule (for guys) is slacks. Polo's would probably be fine as long as they're tucked in with a belt. We gotta look good, right? Basically no T-shirts, but something with a collar should be fine. Sweaters have been fine this year too. Our administrators want us to look professional a) to set a standard for ourselves and b) we're gonna be wearing this stuff the rest of our lives, so we might as well get used to it now.

NWH, really anywhere along I-40 before downtown should be ok areas to look for apts, as my classmates live in those areas primarily. I live out near the airport in Alcoa; it's quiet, but i wouldn't recommend living this far out.

Oneal, i think the rule (for guys) is slacks. Polo's would probably be fine as long as they're tucked in with a belt. We gotta look good, right? Basically no T-shirts, but something with a collar should be fine. Sweaters have been fine this year too. Our administrators want us to look professional a) to set a standard for ourselves and b) we're gonna be wearing this stuff the rest of our lives, so we might as well get used to it now.

I submitted my application at the end of December and had my interview March 9th. I know at my interview they said they had received over 1000 applications and they considered everyone who applied before the deadline. Plus I think they said they were doing interviews all the way up until May. The notify you about 2 weeks in advance, so I wouldn't start worrying quite yet.

I submitted my application at the end of December and had my interview March 9th. I know at my interview they said they had received over 1000 applications and they considered everyone who applied before the deadline. Plus I think they said they were doing interviews all the way up until May. The notify you about 2 weeks in advance, so I wouldn't start worrying quite yet.

Hey guys. I submitted my application either the last week of January or the first week of February... I received an invite for an interview a week or two later for March 9th and was accepted that day. Like Sparkles above me, they did say that they had over 1500 applications this cycle and they are definitely interviewing into May. Keep your heads up and be patient, there is definitely still time. Good luck!!!! =)

I forgot to mention also that I think you should have also received an email saying your app was complete and if you have not received an email I would try to email or call. I had noticed my check had been cashed for the supplemental application, but I had not received an email saying my app was complete and it had been a month. My file got mismarked that they did not have the suplemental application and fee, when they had received it. If I wouldn't have checked up on my application I wouldn't be part of the class of 2014 right now and it seem like an amazing program. NWHazuka I think I sat next to you during the overview session and saw you on the way out. I was the one from IL and had interviewed a multitude of places. See you in September/early October!

Christi

Archived