Application Cycle 2011-2012

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone! I am so glad that I found this forum! Granted it is a little late, but as the old saying goes... Better late then never! I too have an interview this Friday the 9th! I am super excited and also super nervous! Not sure what to expect. It seems quite unique that they let some individuals know the day of the interview whether or not they have been accepted. If anyone can let me know exactly how this is done(how they tell you/when they tell you) or if anyone has any advice I would much appreciate it! I have read over the other posts and to bpalm and blburns, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your input! I can only speak for myself but I know I greatly appreciate it! =)

There are two interviews, the first is a group interview. The second is a solo interview with the same faculty as the first at the end of the day. Here they will tell you whether you got in, wait listed, or denied. They have already extensively reviewed your file and then make notes during the interview and (i assume) confer while you are doing other things. My experience at the final interview was they went over what they liked and didn't like, asked me a few more questions (which seemed more in jest than serious), and ultimately told me I was accepted and gave me information on the next steps.

If they are on the fence about you they may take advantage of the individual interview to ask a few more questions so as to make a final decision. This means that this is your last chance to change their minds. When I had my individual it was a lot like Oneal's. They joked around and asked a few silly questions and then told me I got in so the 2nd interview is there if they need it to make the final decision. If you are waitlisted do not dispair. Our vice president and the president of the class ahead of us were both waitlisted and admitted very shortly before school started. Many of my classmates were also waitlisted so believe me South really does use their watilist. If you get a no, make sure you find out why and how you can improve not only to reapply to South but your profile for all PA schools. South is very good at giving you that information unlike other schools I applied to that said no.

Thank you for your quick responses... That definitely helps me to feel a little better knowing what to expect. Every school is so different and South College is definitely at the top of my list. The school faculty seem great with such diverse backgrounds and I really like that the class sizes are fairly big. Larger classes give us more people to network with and also the opportunity to share and learn from each others experiences! Oneal, congrats on getting in! That is a huge accomplishment and hopefully after tomorrow we will be classmates! Blburns, I know you must be extremely busy with school so thank you for the information and it sounds like I will be seeing you tomorrow! =)

I just wanted to say thank you to the students of South College for all of the help today! The faculty and staff made us all

feel right at home. To those of you who are already accepted, I look forward to class with you in the fall! Also, blburns or

bpalm, how do we find the Facebook for the class of 2014? Thanks again!

I just wanted to say thank you to the students of South College for all of the help today! The faculty and staff made us all

feel right at home. To those of you who are already accepted, I look forward to class with you in the fall! Also, blburns or

bpalm, how do we find the Facebook for the class of 2014? Thanks again!

Hey bpalm and blburns, I am not sure who I need to contact but I friend requested the South College PA program of 2014 on facebook because I was accepted yesterday but my fb name is Nichole Hazuka, not Nichole Eicher which is what the program knows me by. I got married after I had submitted my application for the school. I just want to make sure they don't refuse me on the page due to having a different last name. Thanks again for all of your help and blburns THANK YOU for all the help yesterday! It was great meeting you!

Hey bpalm and blburns, I am not sure who I need to contact but I friend requested the South College PA program of 2014 on facebook because I was accepted yesterday but my fb name is Nichole Hazuka, not Nichole Eicher which is what the program knows me by. I got married after I had submitted my application for the school. I just want to make sure they don't refuse me on the page due to having a different last name. Thanks again for all of your help and blburns THANK YOU for all the help yesterday! It was great meeting you!

Also, for all those who are still waiting for interviews.... It is worth the wait. At the interviews yesterday the professors go out of their way to help you feel comfortable and the students are more than helpful! From what I have seen so far it is an amazing program! =)

Also, for all those who are still waiting for interviews.... It is worth the wait. At the interviews yesterday the professors go out of their way to help you feel comfortable and the students are more than helpful! From what I have seen so far it is an amazing program! =)

Hey! Thanks for the quick response, however, fb will not allow you to message Barbi without being friends with her first and I can't seem to get added to the class of 2014 page. Not sure what else I should try, if you have any recommendations please let me know.... Sorry to be a bother, I am just a little excited. =)

Hey! Thanks for the quick response, however, fb will not allow you to message Barbi without being friends with her first and I can't seem to get added to the class of 2014 page. Not sure what else I should try, if you have any recommendations please let me know.... Sorry to be a bother, I am just a little excited. =)

Archived