Application Cycle 2011-2012

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bpalm and blburns,

Was there a writing Sample when you interviewed last year? If so, how much time was given for it? Also I see that there is a point in the schedule where there is candidate introductions, do you know what all this entails?

Thanks for all your insight into the program.

The candidate introduction was simply each person standing up and introducing themselves and giving a little background on themselves. Don't sweat it is nothing crazy. There was a writing sample although I can not remember how much time they gave us (I will defer to bpalm if he remembers). Again this was nothing crazy. There were 3 subjects to choose from and you had to write a little bit about any 2 you chose. Again I don't remember exactly what they were but it seems like they were things like: "Tell us a time when in your experience in healthcare, or any other field, where you felt that you really made a difference in someone's life--->standard interview questions like at a job interview. There may have been some opinion pieces but its not about what you write so much as how you write it;ie. can you write a college level paper.

Last quarter we had HAPE on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8am-10am and HAPE Lab from 10am-12pm or 1pm-3pm depending on what group you were placed in. Tuesdays and Thursdays we had Gross Anatomy from 8am-10am, Human Physiology from 10:30am-12pm, and Neuroanatomy from 1p-4p on Tuesdays/3p-5:30p on Thursdays. This quarter is set up the same. Mondays and Wednesdays are CAM 1 Lecture from 8a-10a and Lab from 10a-1p, Tues & Thurs we have Clinical Lab Medicine 8:30a-9:30a, Med. Genetics and Patho 10a-12p, Epidemiology and Public Health 1:30p-3:00p, and Pharm 1 from 3:30p-5p and again we have Fridays off unless they have to make up a class or a guest lecturer comes that day.

I interview this past Friday and was accepted as well :D Congrats Oneal, I will see you in the fall! Anitsisqua, I'd say your chances are still good :)

For anyone interviewing later...

The faculty and students are very welcoming. They kept telling everyone to be themselves, which I think was excellent advice. They already know how you stand statistically, so this is your chance to show them what paper cannot. Relax, smile, and try to enjoy it a little :)

Archived