Interview Experience/Advice?

I have an interview coming up on the 27th, just wondering if anyone has any experience interviewing at SBU, how his or her interview went, and if they have any advice on how to prepare. I know each school is different, so it would be good to hear about this school specifically as it is one of my top choices. I am a very strong interviewee and don't have a tendency to get nervous, but nonetheless it would be nice to have some information with which to prepare. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I interview at SB 10/27 and was accepted. There is not a formal get-together the night before, but there is ample opportunity to mingle with current students on the interview day and you will absolutely have the chance to have all of your questions answered and get a good "feel" for the program. Lurg, there isn't anything that you should have "prepared." You are with the program staff and current students for at least an hour or two before you even meet with an interviewer so there's a good opportunity to calm your nerves. Think about the basics: why you want to PA, your experiences thus far etc. There are no trick questions, and it's really just an opportunity for the program to get to you know, see how to think and present yourself. Best wishes, you will do great!

Hi! I interview at SB 10/27 and was accepted. There is not a formal get-together the night before, but there is ample opportunity to mingle with current students on the interview day and you will absolutely have the chance to have all of your questions answered and get a good "feel" for the program. Lurg, there isn't anything that you should have "prepared." You are with the program staff and current students for at least an hour or two before you even meet with an interviewer so there's a good opportunity to calm your nerves. Think about the basics: why you want to PA, your experiences thus far etc. There are no trick questions, and it's really just an opportunity for the program to get to you know, see how to think and present yourself. Best wishes, you will do great!

nweston pretty much nailed it. But to reiterate, ASK QUESTIONS... find out as much as you can. You're interviewing them too.

Archived