Shoes

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve mentioned before how awesome I think my new balance shoes are, but I’ve found something even better recently. Keen brixen has a wide toe box, water proof, and slip on. First time I put them on thought they weren’t going to be good. Kept waiting for them to hurt but they just kept on feeling awesome. The grip on them is amazing. Got them because I’m moving to a snowy area, and my feet stay really warm in the shoe too (though not tested in truly cold weather yet) so probably not so good for those in hot climate and sweaty feet.

https://www.shoes.com/keen-brixen-low/488277/1031969?cm_mmc=google_mb-_-none-_-none-_-none

• 3 weeks later...

I have problem feet and discovered Altra running shoes about a year and a half ago. They have a zero drop sole and a wide toe box. They now have a casual shoe that could be worn with slacks and they're what I'm planning to get soon. If I like them I'll use them for rotations. For now, I live in my Altra runners. 

If I know I'm going to be on my feet for over 8 hours, say, 16 hrs shift, the trick for me is to switch shoes after 8 hours. I've spent so much money experimenting with shoes that I could probably buy a vaca ticket to Italy for a week!

For the first 8 hrs, I wear my Dansko / Sanita. The second half, I wear emy Merrell Jungle Moc. This allows me to off load the achy area of my foot.

Find two good pairs of shoe that you can tolerate and you're good to go!

I don't have the reviews to back it up, but I'm comfortable in saying that if you're working 12+ hours of on your feet, your feet will ache one way or another. And if you're those special people who can go 16 hours on their feet with one comfortable you shoe, God Bless because you're the exception.

Well...I broke my foot wearing dansko so personally I can't recommend them (I'm a supinator with no ankle stability - bad combo). I am on my feet all day as an AT in  an ortho clinic or in pre/post op.  I have horrible feet to the extent that i eneded up with navicular stress fracture and the best thing that I did for myself was get a pair of tennis shoes that worked for my foot type (stability) and a pair of insoles - superfeet insoles are amazing! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01699K2LW/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_1_w

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I broke my foot wearing dansko so personally I can't recommend them (I'm a supinator with no ankle stability - bad combo). I am on my feet all day as an AT in  an ortho clinic or in pre/post op.  I have horrible feet to the extent that i eneded up with navicular stress fracture and the best thing that I did for myself was get a pair of tennis shoes that worked for my foot type (stability) and a pair of insoles - superfeet insoles are amazing! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01699K2LW/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_1_w

Vionic or gowalks (sketchers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived