Class of 2014

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, she said the total application count this year was almost 1,000, and that's the only number I know. 300 interviews for 60 seats sounds a little excessive... I figured it was more in the ballpark of 150, maybe. My interview group was just me and one other person! But that was also pretty early on, so who knows. I have no idea about how much they use the waitlist but I do know there is no "order" to the waitlist so if you're on it - keep in touch with them consistently to make your name known. Send in extra letters, any new experience you may have gained, etc.

Well, she said the total application count this year was almost 1,000, and that's the only number I know. 300 interviews for 60 seats sounds a little excessive... I figured it was more in the ballpark of 150, maybe. My interview group was just me and one other person! But that was also pretty early on, so who knows. I have no idea about how much they use the waitlist but I do know there is no "order" to the waitlist so if you're on it - keep in touch with them consistently to make your name known. Send in extra letters, any new experience you may have gained, etc.

I just found out that the class is full. People on the wait list can be called "until the first day of class" if someone drops.

really!!! :( i still have not heard anything from my interview two weeks ago, does this prob means i am either rejected or on the waitlist :/?

I just found out that the class is full. People on the wait list can be called "until the first day of class" if someone drops.

really!!! :( i still have not heard anything from my interview two weeks ago, does this prob means i am either rejected or on the waitlist :/?

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been trying to contact with Nova all week asking about the alternate list. Does anyone know if anyone from the alternate list have been chosen? I (as I know all of you) want to get in this year, but I want to know what are my chances. This is the only school I got an interview to.

• 8 months later...

Hi! I am a new student to NSU, just got accepted this fall and am very excited to begin next year. I was hoping some previous or current students could give me some advice as to where I can get some financial help besides just loans. Also if you suggest any book to read or something to brush up on to make my first semester easier?

Thank you for your help and congrats on becoming a successful PA :)

Diana - congrats on your acceptance!

Maybe someone else can correct me here, but there really isn't much going for financial assistance other than loans. Unless you have savings or parents helping you out, you're going to have to bite the bullet and go for the Stafford and Grad Plus loans. Scholarships for grad school seem to be limited.

As far as brushing up goes - just enjoy your time before school. You will spend enough time studying once you start, and there is too much material to find just one thing to focus studying on. We had to read and complete exercises in a medical terminology book before we started, as I'm sure you will too... that is preparation enough. Otherwise, just enjoy your freedom before it all begins.

Archived