Loan repayment options

Hello,

I will be starting PA school this summer. Afterwards my plan is to enroll in one of those 2 or 3 year loan repayment programs. I have read the many threads explaining how they work. I am wondering - what are my options? Is it just the NHSC or are there other loan repayment programs out there? If so what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks as always.

Hello,

I will be starting PA school this summer. Afterwards my plan is to enroll in one of those 2 or 3 year loan repayment programs. I have read the many threads explaining how they work. I am wondering - what are my options? Is it just the NHSC or are there other loan repayment programs out there? If so what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks as always.

PHS has health care workers in federal prisons, Indian reservations, or other medically under-served areas. When I worked in the lab at Walter Reed Army Medical Center we had a med tech who was in the PHS, so it seems like they can work in a variety of environments.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.usphs.gov/profession/healthservices/default.aspx

Probably the best thing to do is to contact a PHS recruiter to get the answers you need.

Archived