Can you get into PA school/get a job if your a convicted felon?

• Administrator
*you're, not your.

While one could probably get into school if a convicted felon under some circumstances, and one could probably get into school if one repeatedly fails to proofread one's electronic communications and/or use punctuation properly, I think the odds of someone who is both a convicted felon AND communicates poorly being accepted to PA school approach zero.

LOL at E. Seriously though to the OP: many hurdles here. Say you get in--how are you going to pay? Most federal aid is unavailable to convicted felons. (Read: including student loans!) Say you manage to privately fund your education--many clinical rotation sites will be closed to you. A headache for the clinical education dept. Then get a license: you will have to disclose and explain this felony wherever you apply. Then credentialing for hospital privileges, third-party payors...wanna get paid? Medicare and Medicaid are most likely off the table. Get the picture? It's quite an uphill climb. My best advice: contact the program you're interested in, read the PA practice act and licensure requirements for any state you might wish to work in, and fully investigate your options.

While one could probably get into school if a convicted felon under some circumstances, and one could probably get into school if one repeatedly fails to proofread one's electronic communications and/or use punctuation properly, I think the odds of someone who is both a convicted felon AND communicates poorly being accepted to PA school approach zero.

OUCH!&Snap

Archived