Failed PANCE help!!

• Administrator

You need a professional test anxiety coach.  It's your career/future on the line, DO NOT skimp and just take free advice over the internet. You may need medications, you may need counseling, you may need a ton of practice tests... but overall, DO NOT keep doing the same thing and hoping you're going to pass.  Really, I recommend all of that after the first PANCE fail, not the third.

• Administrator

I hope any one of you can please guide me....I have severe test anxiety, and computer based testing issues.  Do you mind telling me what worked for you?  

How do you manage anxiety now?

Many Thanks.

What helped for me was that ever since I was six years old, whenever I filled out a test with bubbles that took a long time, people told me I was smart, and I did so much better than everyone else.  Never developed test anxiety, routinely scored in the 95-99th percentile on everything.

What YOU probably need to do is follow the above advice: Get professionally evaluated, don't rely on us here trying to diagnose you over the Internet.

What helped for me was that ever since I was six years old, whenever I filled out a test with bubbles that took a long time, people told me I was smart, and I did so much better than everyone else.  Never developed test anxiety, routinely scored in the 95-99th percentile on everything.

What YOU probably need to do is follow the above advice: Get professionally evaluated, don't rely on us here trying to diagnose you over the Internet.

Many thanks for your guidance....if someone has test anxiety issues....what could be possible reasons? (no learning problems...diagnosed)?  Any thoughts about this?

• 3 weeks later...

I found out yesterday that I failed my PANCE...for the second time. I attended CME Chicago course and was projected to score a 534 per their tests through the course of the week. I scored a 298 on the PANCE and am completely devastated and at a loss. I did well in school and used study books, review books, practice questions and YouTube videos to learn and study and improve. The first time I took the PANCE I scored a 290. Can anyone help me?? Tips, suggestions, encouragement?

Be sure you aren't making any of these "killer" mistakes.

http://www.helpzebra.com/ten-reasons-physician-assistants-fail-the-pance-or-panre.html

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi Sunnyn & KYPAhopeful,

Like you I deal with test anxiety. After all, it is an entirely high pressure artificial state to sit for 5 hours in front of a computer screen in a lockdown room, answering a cadre of Q's every minute! Total left brain hooplah. Yet a gate we must pass through.

There are several ways you can go at prepping for your exam. Use as many as you can - it will only build your confidence more.

My approach is to rewrite my subconscious programs that work against me.  Given the most recent research, it's been said we are run by our subconscious programs 95% of the time. This is a HUGE key to understanding and embracing the anatomy of any chronic illness/condition and I think an epigenetic approach to healing the body-mind ought to be included in all medical programs for practitioners. 

Listen to Bruce Lipton talk on epigenetics here    

Tried and true methods are 1) hypnosis 2) habituation of learning content via repetition 3) Psych-K 4) brainwave synchronization with subliminal messaging (during sleep works well).  #s1 and 3 - you can likely find coaches (and workshops) in your area. #2 is about you learning the material; #4 - these you can buy online. I would not suggest the meds route if you're not used to taking drugs.

Good luck!  This is your opportunity, not your curse.

Hi Sunnyn & KYPAhopeful,

Like you I deal with test anxiety. After all, it is an entirely high pressure artificial state to sit for 5 hours in front of a computer screen in a lockdown room, answering a cadre of Q's every minute! Total left brain hooplah. Yet a gate we must pass through.

There are several ways you can go at prepping for your exam. Use as many as you can - it will only build your confidence more.

My approach is to rewrite my subconscious programs that work against me.  Given the most recent research, it's been said we are run by our subconscious programs 95% of the time. This is a HUGE key to understanding and embracing the anatomy of any chronic illness/condition and I think an epigenetic approach to healing the body-mind ought to be included in all medical programs for practitioners. 

Listen to Bruce Lipton talk on epigenetics here    

Tried and true methods are 1) hypnosis 2) habituation of learning content via repetition 3) Psych-K 4) brainwave synchronization with subliminal messaging (during sleep works well).  #s1 and 3 - you can likely find coaches (and workshops) in your area. #2 is about you learning the material; #4 - these you can buy online. I would not suggest the meds route if you're not used to taking drugs.

Good luck!  This is your opportunity, not your curse.

Wow! Great Advice....Thanks very much!

Hi my name is Joe and i have been giving a review session for the PANCE/PANRE for the last 25 years feel free to call me on my cell and we can talk you through your issue. I have seen this before in my 25 year tour of duty and most likely it is fixable if you score over 250.

My cell is 714-357-2032 and I am in PST.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Archived