I need opinions about preparing for PA school!

smk9074,

first off, congratulations on getting into school during senior year, I think that is a feat you should be proud of. If you don't mind sharing, what were some of your stats/credentials in your application as far as grades, HCE, etc and how many schools did you apply too/ get accepted by. I only ask because I am a senior too and while I feel that I am qualified to get into schools, I have been told that my age will be held against me somewhat in the admissions process, so I just want to get a gauge on what I should expect as I am awaiting decisions from schools.

In response to your query, it was definitely a good idea to take the anatomy class. I think its very important to have a strong base in A&P to fully understand and appreciate a lot of classes. Since I am an EP major, we had to take A&P 1 and 2 freshman year, but it helped me better understand classes like pharmacology and my upper level physiology classes, and will definitely help me understand info in PA school. I hope you find the same benefit as well, maybe you will be able to look back on some of your classes with a greater understanding.

smk9074,

first off, congratulations on getting into school during senior year, I think that is a feat you should be proud of. If you don't mind sharing, what were some of your stats/credentials in your application as far as grades, HCE, etc and how many schools did you apply too/ get accepted by. I only ask because I am a senior too and while I feel that I am qualified to get into schools, I have been told that my age will be held against me somewhat in the admissions process, so I just want to get a gauge on what I should expect as I am awaiting decisions from schools.

In response to your query, it was definitely a good idea to take the anatomy class. I think its very important to have a strong base in A&P to fully understand and appreciate a lot of classes. Since I am an EP major, we had to take A&P 1 and 2 freshman year, but it helped me better understand classes like pharmacology and my upper level physiology classes, and will definitely help me understand info in PA school. I hope you find the same benefit as well, maybe you will be able to look back on some of your classes with a greater understanding.

Archived