Help and advice needed

Hello everyone I am new to the thread and SDN. I will try to keep it as short as possible, and thanks ahead of the time whoever responds.

I am currently a nurse thinking of going into PA program. I have BSN and I have all of my pre reqs. I had couple of bad grands and will be retaking them in spring. BSN GPA is 3.5 and Science will be about 3.3-3.4.
Clinical experience: Been an EMT for 3 years, ER tech for 2 years and nurse for 1.5 years. In total about 12000 hours of HCE.
Volunteering: Volunteered at Special Olympics in 2015 as medical team member, gone to cancer walk as medical team member, went to Ecuador for 2 weeks as medical aide at local hospital, at last been volunteering at local homeless shelter for past 3 months.
Will be taking my GRE and MCAT in January 2016

Any input will be much appreciated
Thank you

As someone who struggled with PA versus MD (which it seems like you are doing), save yourself a lot of pain and figure out what path you want to pursue instead of your dual headed approach here.

Your stats are a bit low in terms of GPA for MD, however they are pretty spot on for PA.

The MCAT is no joke, no chance you take the MCAT and GRE the same month and do well on both.

Just my 2 cents, I've been there.

As someone who struggled with PA versus MD (which it seems like you are doing), save yourself a lot of pain and figure out what path you want to pursue instead of your dual headed approach here.

Your stats are a bit low in terms of GPA for MD, however they are pretty spot on for PA.

The MCAT is no joke, no chance you take the MCAT and GRE the same month and do well on both.

Just my 2 cents, I've been there.

Along the lines of this.

First, this isn't Student Doctor Network (SDN), it's Physician Assistant Forum, haha.  I take it you copied and pasted the same post on SDN.  That, along with your comment about taking the MCAT, makes it sound like you want to become a higher level practitioner; however, you're not sure which path you'd like to choose.  As mentioned above, figure out which way you want to go first, both are intense and trying to do both won't be possible.  

There's a lot of websites, information on these forums, and books that can assist you with your decision.  

Archived