Housing for class of 2014...

I realize it is somewhat early and the entire roster for the class of 2014 is most likely yet to be completed but I just thought it would be helpful if people moving to Quinnipiac area could start networking a bit so that people wanting to find roommates could do so before it was too late. People from the area could also put in their 2 cents about good locations, prices and what not. I for one am moving from Arizona and would like to talk to anyone interested in rooming together.

Thanks

I will be looking for housing options/roommates soon. I'll be moving from MA and don't know the area very well but did some browsing on craigslist and it seems that New Haven has the most options with lowest rent. I would definitely be interested to hear a local's input if there are any reading this.

• 2 weeks later...

Some parts of New Haven are actually fine... the small sub-towns like Westville & East Rock can be nice... I'd recommend visiting before you commit, but in general New Haven isn't as bad as people make it out to be. However, I think Jason is right that most Quinnipiac students tend to live closer to campus their first year.

I didn't go to QU, but I live in Aspen Glen in Hamden. It's a beautiful apt complex, 2 BR/2 bath units. The complex has a pool and small gym. The rent is a little on the pricey side, but not bad if split between 2 people. It's about 10 minutes from the QU campus, 5 minutes from shopping (walmart, 2 supermarkets, old navy, staples, etc), 15 minutes from downtown New Haven. There are a lot of working professionals and families that live here so if you're looking for a place where you can party to the wee hours, this is not it. But, it's a great place for those looking for a nice, homey place to set up shop for the next couple years.

• 1 month later...

I'm beginning to plan my cross country move (from Oregon!) and would love any tips on shipping stuff, moving, good neighborhoods in New Haven, etc. It's a little overwhelming to think about moving so far, but I'm excited about the program and look forward to meeting the rest of the class. I'm still on the fence about living alone vs. living with a room-mate, and also it's up in the air about whether my partner is going to come with me or not, but I figure it would be good to start doing some research and planning.

Thanks!

Cheryl

I'll be looking for a roommate/roommates. There are a couple 3 or 4 bedroom houses/apartments in the north haven and Hamden area that I saw on Craig's list. Doesn't matter guys or girls. Just think itd be nice with a few ppl. Lemme know if anyone is interested? Just message me. Can't wait till May...

Jon R.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely going to be looking for housing as well. I am moving from Alaska and don't know much about the area except for the little I saw when I was visiting for the interview. I'm interested in probably living with at least a 2 or 3 people as opposed to just one roommate just to minimize rent and maximize study opportunities. :) Does anyone know if they are planning to set us up with a facebook page or any sort of networking site so we can talk to other people that are going to be in our class?

Maybe one of us can just start the Facebook page and then we can discuss housing stuff there? I did a search yesterday and there is a general Quinnipiac PA page, but it's not class specific and there is hardly anything on there. I'm thinking about living alone, but I may live with one person depending on how much financial aid will cover housing.

-Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived