Sign in to follow this  
USN2UNC

Ideas or Advice for shadowing in Raleigh area

Hi all,

I have currently been volunteering weekly in the Neuro ICU, but feel my time will be better spent shadowing a PA or volunteering in a clinc/other medical facility where I can also shadow a PA while I am there. If anyone has advice or can point me in the right direction that would be great.

A little about me:

28 y/o Male

US Navy Veteran 99-2003 (Stationed in Bahrain and Norfolk)

Psychology Degree From UNC Chapel Hill

Previously worked in data systems for Non Profits in Charleston SC

Currently work as PT Aide and have experience in Acute (Wound Care, and Ortho), Inpatient, and Outpatient while taking pre-reqs for PA school.

Any and all help/advice would be great.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Did you ever find any PA's to shadow in the Raleigh or surrounding area? I am a ER Tech in UNC ER. I am in the same boat looking for some shadowing experience.

Thank you,

Shannon

If Fayetteville interests you instead of Raleigh, send me a PM....

Hi, Im just wondering if you are still a PA in the Fayetteville area? I have just applied to PA School and am looking for more shadowing experience. I've worked as a mental health counselor at a psychiatric and detox facility for the past 3 years and have an undergrad degree in Biology. Thanks

Hi, Im just wondering if you are still a PA in the Fayetteville area? I have just applied to PA School and am looking for more shadowing experience. I've worked as a mental health counselor at a psychiatric and detox facility for the past 3 years and have an undergrad degree in Biology. Thanks

Yes, I work in a clinic in Raeford. Send a pm my way if that is close enough.....

Does anyone else have information on shadowing experience for undergrads? I am an undergraduate student in Psychology and I am having difficulty finding someone to shadow. It seems everyone I've "cold e-mailed" already has someone shadowing him/her. :-/