Alternate List - 2012

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fdamico1985 - the advice I got in the event that I did not get accepted this year is to make sure your application is in on April 18th. MAKE SURE!

NAU values a lot of things outside the realm of just GPA, but you have to have a 3.0 at the absolute minimum. I have over a 3.0, but not by much. I have a Masters in Biology w/ a high GPA and have a 4.0 from all the classes I have recently taken. I screwed-up royally during my undergrad career (less than a 3.0), but that was YEARS ago and is not reflective of my ability. I also have several years of heavy duty research experience, volunteer experience overseas and locally, I work as an EMT part-time & volunteer at a local homeless shelter. I am 100% committed to staying in Arizona and helping the underserved. These are some the characteristics that make you a stand-out at NAU or at any school for that matter....of course, your interview is ultimately where you want to shine. This year I believe 150-ish people applied, 75 were interviewed and 25 were accepted. They will also only be accepting 25 people for the class of 2015 so make sure your app is strong. I think the program is outstanding from what I learned at the interview and the faculty is sharp and top notch. Hope that provides some perspective. I wish you the best.

Thanks for the perspective IronMan2Be...sounds like you were definitely a competitive applicant and your acceptance was well deserved! I am on the alternate list right now so it is tough to gear up for the cycle opening again on April 18th, because I am still holding out some hope. I would like some feedback as to how to make my application stronger if I do not get pulled from the list; which is hard being that they could pull alternates all the way up until classes begin. I will definitely have my application in earlier this year - as I was an August applicant this cycle. Thank you again for the advice and congrats on being accepted - I cannot wait for that day!! :))

• 1 month later...

Archived