Alternate List - 2012

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I just had an interview on feb 6th and was put on the alternate list! anyone know how many there are on the list by now? i cant believe that we may have to wait all the way to the first day of school! that just makes me so nervous! and has anyone who interviewed on that day got accepted just curious to know!

All of the seats have been filled? Does that mean that those on the alternate list now are just waiting/hoping that someone accepted changes their mind?

Hey! I interviewed the 6th too. I called just now and I'm on the alternate list also. There are about 150 on the alternate list and all the seats in the class have been filled. I thought my interview went very well too, just have to wait and stay positive now!

Yes, if all spots are filled that means that it's even a longer waiting game. Therefore, should be prepared to pack your bag/husband/kids/pets and move if you get pulled off the waitlist. I know a few of my classmates who were offered an acceptance a few days before class started. Best of luck!

All of the seats have been filled? Does that mean that those on the alternate list now are just waiting/hoping that someone accepted changes their mind?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if they'll let us know how ranking after the last interview in March?

Here's an email I got from them:

We still consider that a positive outcome in the admissions office as we have to go to the alternate list to fill our PA class each year. Typically, those on the alternate list if chosen to be a member of our class will hear back from us in late March up until the first day of orientation.

Best!

Admissions Counselor

Midwestern University

I just spoke to quite a few people, some will tell you straight up what the whole alternate status is and others will give you the run around. I am also on the alternate list, I was told there are 70 people as of now on the alternate list and that they are pretty much done choosing alternates. They can chose to accept people all the way until the 1st week in August, classes start the second week, rarely do things go until the first day of school but it has happened. Hope that helps to give you numbers, the chances are slim but stay positive things can still happen. Oh and they aren't supposed to say it's ranked however two people let that slip that the alternates are ranked. I'm not sure what that is about.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived