Alternate List - 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you that had to call to find out that you were placed on the alternate list, I've listed the information I received in my letter notifying me of my alternate list placement. I received my letter roughly one week after my interview.

"Thank you for your interest in Midwestern University and your recent participation in our interview process. This is to inform you that you have been placed on the alternate list for the College of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program, class of 2014.

The alternate list is not ranked. It is difficult to predict how many, if any, will be accepted as the number varies significantly year by year. When a seat becomes available, the Admissions Committee will determine who is to be chosen from the alternate list. The selected candidate will be notified immediately of his/her acceptance as soon as possible.

You could be selected anytime in the admissions cycle by the Admissions Committee, you will be notified immediately of your acceptance by telephone and by email. From the time that we contact you, you will have 72 hours to decide if you will accept the offer or withdraw your application. Therefore, it is critical for you to keep the Office of Admissions informed of any changes to your primary telephone number and email address. You may submit these updates on-line through you student check-list on the MWU Web portal at http://online.midwestern.edu. You may also send an email to our office at admissaz@midwestern.edu. Likewise, as a courtesy to other students on the alternate list, if you find it necessary to withdraw your application, please email us at admissaz@midwestern.edu or notify us in writing.

I apologize for the extended waiting period and wish you the best possible outcome. Please understand I will make great effort to fill any openings in a timely manner.

Sincerely, Jim Walter, MPA Director of Admissions"

Good morning all! For those of you waiting for any sort of letters from the October 4th interview date I called this morning and was advised that they are slow getting them out and to give it a few more weeks. Just a heads up because I know we were all anxiously awaiting a letter verifying we were on the alternate list. Cheers to staying positive! :)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone gotten accepted off the alternate list yet?! Im curious to see if they are currently accepting alternate listers or if they are waiting until they are all done with interviews. Does anyone know when interview are to be completed? also, how many are on the alternate list now?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived