Alternate List - 2012

Hi all - guess I will be the first to start a thread about the alternate list for c/o 2014. It's not an acceptance, but it is something...Hopefully all of us on the alternate list can chit chat and keep in touch about our status. I've heard people can find out they are accepted all the way out into February, March and beyond! So could be a long game of wait and see. Let's keep each other positive!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric I played 20 questions with admissions this morning lol. There are 47 people on the alternate list as of right now and after all interviews there is about 150-200. They don't rank anyone, but they go through the list after each set of interviews in order and review apps again. Yep i have heard of people getting contacted all the way until school starts. It's going to be a long waiting game for us so I figured we can offer moral support here and stay positive.

I am on the alternate list as well. I was pretty disappointed but I don't have much HCE so I am working on that now in case that I will need to apply again. I was under the impression that everyone who is not accepted is on the alternate list and although its not ranked, the people who interview early will have a better chance because their application is reviewed everytime they hold interviews. I was just on the Western U string and there are alternates that were accepted in April, May, June and even August just before school starts. I think that some accepted people will withdraw when they here from other school and go to other schools so that leaves open spaces at random times. Fingers crossed!

Yes, I am on it too. I think we do have an advantage of being reviewed more since we interviewed early. It is strange to me that it isn't ranked, so maybe we can stay positive about having an advantage. Here's to hoping! Did you guys apply to a lot of other schools? I did, but Midwestern was the first school I heard back from.

To provide some guidance as to the list...it is not ranked, at each admissions meeting they look at the new interviewees as well as all the alternates. I was only on the list for about a month. Also, there are plenty of people who get denied, if you're on the alternate list, you still have a pretty good shot. In our current class, I know there are quite a few students that were accepted at various times off the alternate list. Hang in there!

I am also on the alt list. I have an acceptance at 2 other programs, but MWU has a lot to offer. I say this not just for the academic PA program, but also thinking of the area and how good it would be for family life :) I understand that it is not ranked, and they review them every timet hey meet as others have stated. I also would think that they would rank it, but here is what I have been told by other schools, though I don't know this applies to MWU: Some schools do not rank it until after all interviews are done. It would be hard - they would have to rerank the list after every batch of interviews. Also, I know that many schools also consider the make-up of the class when they decide who to pull for the alt list- as in the over all 'best fit.'

Either way- here is a toast to 'wait and see' (or hear in this case)

Oh, as far as how do you know- nothing on the computer screen changed for me when everyone else's screen said they had a payment due, etc. I called to verify and they told me on the phone, though I waited an extra few days beyond when they said we should see it on the web.

Hi everyone...you should be happy that you made it to the waitlist! It is definitely a sign of hope! I was put on the waitlist last year after my interview in December, got a letter in the mail for the alternate list and was accepted in March! It is still very early in the game, so don't sweat it. MWU generally interviews only 250 students, so to even get an interview is really good news. If you weren't rejected then you still have a big shot! Best of luck!

Hi everyone...you should be happy that you made it to the waitlist! It is definitely a sign of hope! I was put on the waitlist last year after my interview in December, got a letter in the mail for the alternate list and was accepted in March! It is still very early in the game, so don't sweat it. MWU generally interviews only 250 students, so to even get an interview is really good news. If you weren't rejected then you still have a big shot! Best of luck!

Celia and jyquach - thank you for the words of encouragement!! It's nice to know there is still a shot :) It being so early leaves more time to wait it out but we are all trying to stay positive here on the forum and appreciate the kind words!

Celia and jyquach - thank you for the words of encouragement!! It's nice to know there is still a shot :) It being so early leaves more time to wait it out but we are all trying to stay positive here on the forum and appreciate the kind words!

Has anyone from the 10/4 interview actually received a wait list or denial letter yet?

No I keep waiting for something in the mail but haven't received anything since the interview. I thought they said we would receive something in the mail about being on the alternate list within a week or two right??

Archived