Class of 2014

• 1 month later...

Congrats everyone! I was not accepted this cycle but I have gained more paid clinical experience hours over the last few months so I will be applying again as soon as the cycle opens up in the next 2 weeks! I really really want to go to RMC since I already live in Billings and work at the Billings Clinic! I am hoping 1200 of HCE hours and a 3.7 GPA will get me in! Wish me luck!

Hey medgirl91, you probably don't want to hear this but....you're limiting yourself by only applying to one school. I understand the desire to stay in an area you know, around friends and people you're comfortable with but you're potentially setting yourself up for disappointment. I applied to 14 schools, got 7 interviews and was accepted by two programs, neither of which were in my state. If I only applied to the 2 schools in my state I'd be upset right now and a year farther from my goal of becoming a PA. 1200 HCE and a 3.7 GPA is great and I know there are several programs out there that would be willing to accept you! :smile:

I applied to RMC last cycle but Margia said since most of my HCE hours were unpaid they didn't count. I am hoping this cycle I will be ok also, I now work at a hospital in Billings and have met Dr. Bob Wilmouth several times who keeps reassuring me I'll be ok. I know it is not wise to only apply to one school but I cannot move because of my husband's job, so I will keep applying to this school until I get it! :) I think my stats are good enough, and the fact that I truly desire to work in rural MT with underserved populations..they gotta let me in sometime! lol Wish me luck!

Archived