Class of 2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Congrats on your acceptances!! I just received my rejection :( Margia said it was becuase the majority of my 1200 HCE hours are unpaid. I was not aware they had to be paid or I would have waited to apply, but it is not clear on their website. 900 of those 1200 hours were intern hours as a Cardiac Ultrasound Tech for my ultrasound degree. Soooooo, I am working my butt off to get as many PAID HCE hours as possible before the next cycle opens in April. If I apply at the end of April 2012, I will have 1200 HCE hours of PAID and 1000 HCE hours of unpaid/intern. I want to apply as early as possible (April) since I applied later this cycle in August. Since RMC is rolling admissions I think it will increase my chances. My stats are: 1100 GRE, 3.8 GPA, and will be 1200 HCE hours PAID, and 1000 HCE hours unapid/intern.

For those of you who were accepted is 1200 paid HCE hours enough???

I would really appreciate it if you guys could post how many paid hours of HCE you had if you were accepted. Thank you so much for all of the help!! I HAVE TO GET IN NEXT CYCLE!!! :) This is the only school I can apply to due to my husband's job.

THANKS!!! :)

I did not interview this year. Margia said I did not get an interview because I did not have enough PAID HCE. :( So I am really hoping I will get an interview and get accepted next cycle. Is there anyway to find out the average amount of PAID HCE this years accepted class has? I just want to know if I will be competitive enough with only 1200 hours of PAID HCE. If the average was over 2000 hours, then I would just wait later on in the cycle until I got more hours instead of applying in April with only 1200. Hmmmm....

Hi medgirl91, I was accepted and have around 2,000 hours as a home healthcare CNA. 1,600ish was included on my CASPA application. I would expect that with another year you would have a good chance to get an interview! You could probably call late next June when the new PAS-1 class will be completely done and see if they keep statistics like HCE averages for the class.

The rest of your stats sound quite good, but if you want to be the best applicant possible keep up any volunteering you are doing or find a way to volunteer if you don't (especially in a hospital/clinic or with individuals who have chronic conditions/disabilities) and shadow a PA or two.

Good luck!

Hi mackjacks,

Thanks for your input and advice and congrats on your acceptance! I have 500 hours already volunteering for the Missoula Indian Center Clinic ( they actually just started paying me as a Health Outreach Associate so that will count towards my paid hours as well) , and over 500 hours volunteering with my church youth group. I have 80 hours shadowing a PA in urgent care and 100 hours shadowing a PA in Family Practice. I have a degree in Cardiac Ultrasound so that 1000 hours of HCE was for my intership, which I functioned as a regular ultrasound tech, I just wasn't paid. I should be moving to full-time status at the hospital at the end of Jan. so that will help rack up my PAID HCE hours. ....I think the only area of my app that needed improvement was the amount of PAID HCE hours. I just really really hope 1200 hours is enough. I want to apply in April, right when the cycle opens to get the first shot at getting an interview since RMC does rolling admissions. Do you think that is a bit to early, I could wait until May or June and get a few more hours....? I am wondering what will give me my best chance of getting an interview invite....

Are you from MT mackjack? Also, how would you describe there interview? Were there any particular challenging parts? I want to rock the interview..IF I get one next year! :)

I would appreciate any other feedback! Thanks everyone!

Your stats sound impressive...more so than mine, I think! I would send CASPA ASAP and in your work description say that you plan to continue working __ hours per week at this position into the foreseeable future. Then you can send Margia an email update in June with more hours. That's what I did at least.

I am not from MT, from the Midwest though. Found Rocky because I am interested in primary care. I thought their interview was very laid back and straightforward. Mostly basic questions, 1 or 2 behavioral/situational. They made us sit in on the current student's class while we were pulled out 1 by 1 to interview. Some of the other applicants looked really bored during the class but I made sure to look interested. Never know when they're watching you. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

per Margia: Hello Active List Applicants:

Just want to share a few things

with you.

1. We are still in the interview stage.

2. The Active List should be ranked around

the end of this month. [Or maybe, early March.]

3. I cannot give you a status as to where you

rank on the Active List.

4. Prepare - so you'll be ready, if/when you