Which Nova Program would you choose?

Hello Everyone!

I have had interviews at 3 of Nova programs. So far I have been accepted to the Jacksonville, Orlando, and Ft. Myers programs. I am interviewing this Monday (Oct. 10) at the Ft. Lauderdale program. I have felt very comfortable at all of the programs and I am having a hard time deciding which one would be the best for me. If you had the choice to attend any of the 4, which program would you attend and why? Thank you :)

I've been accepted into a couple of the NOVA programs, and it's a difficult choice, although a personal one for every individual. Did you like the staff or facilities better at one school? Have you tried reaching out to some current students and getting their thoughts? Is there a geographic area you prefer?

Yeah I completely agree that it is a personal decision, but honestly every faculty member and student I have met at the Nova programs have been extremely nice and made me feel so comfortable (and that is what makes it hard for me to decided lol). I'm from a town on the west coast of Florida near Tampa, so none are extremely far away. I think I'm just going to make a list of pros and cons for each and pick that way :)

Yeah I completely agree that it is a personal decision, but honestly every faculty member and student I have met at the Nova programs have been extremely nice and made me feel so comfortable (and that is what makes it hard for me to decided lol). I'm from a town on the west coast of Florida near Tampa, so none are extremely far away. I think I'm just going to make a list of pros and cons for each and pick that way :)

Sounds like an excellent way to make your decision.

Hello everyone! i was accepted at the Fort Myers location and I have an interview in Orlando coming up soon. I am flying in from Chicago so it has been hard getting everywhere with the cost of flying and everything. Is there anything better about the Fort Myers campus location than the Orlando campus and vise/versa?!

I didnt visit the other campuses when I applied BUT I did live in Orlando.....I will say that the area around the Orlando campus is pretty descent and youre close to shopping, restaurants and attractions. Its right off I-4 which is a major interstate that crosses with an expressway....In other words, even if you do not stay directly near campus, you can get to the school quickly from different directions ....pending traffic of course. Downtown is pretty close as well and the last time I looked, the cost of living around the school was not that high...

Also the airport is a major hub so you may be able to purchase tickets cheaper there for quick trips home

Thats all I got. Ive never really been to Ft Meyers....just through it to get to Sannibel Island and Jacksonville not really my cup of tea. With UCF Orlando is a college town so theres always something to do, events, etc......so I would say along with the pros and cons of the school, look at the pros and cons of the area as well. if youre going to be there for 2 years you should make sure youre ok with staying there

This is an important thread because each campus does seem to have a unique feel. After having interviewed at both NSU- Ft. Myers and the main campus I am slightly leaning towards the main campus. However, the cost of living is significantly more than Ft. Myers.

I think the didactic portion of the curriculum is going to be the same--for the most part. Although it is true that the main campus has a cadaver lab that is only for the first quarter anatomy class. So I wonder how much weight that should hold....

So the main differences are cost of living, location/quality of clinical rotations and where you feel the most comfortable going..

I feel as though the main campus has more "resources," but I'm not entirely sure what that means. Does that mean they have better clinical rotations or that because it is Ft. lauderdale there will be more pathology? I'm not sure...

Any thoughts?

This is an important thread because each campus does seem to have a unique feel. After having interviewed at both NSU- Ft. Myers and the main campus I am slightly leaning towards the main campus. However, the cost of living is significantly more than Ft. Myers.

I think the didactic portion of the curriculum is going to be the same--for the most part. Although it is true that the main campus has a cadaver lab that is only for the first quarter anatomy class. So I wonder how much weight that should hold....

So the main differences are cost of living, location/quality of clinical rotations and where you feel the most comfortable going..

I feel as though the main campus has more "resources," but I'm not entirely sure what that means. Does that mean they have better clinical rotations or that because it is Ft. lauderdale there will be more pathology? I'm not sure...

Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...

"I feel as though the main campus has more "resources," but I'm not entirely sure what that means."

By "more resources," people are probably referring to the anatomy cadaver lab, medical library, main campus library, large health care sciences building as a whole, student union, and fitness center. Having toured both the Jacksonville and Fort Lauderdale PA programs, I can say that the Fort Lauderdale campus has a more collegiate feel because the health buildings are swarming with med students, PT students, optometry students, etc. The Jacksonville program is housed in an office building, which presents a different type of environment.

I'm sure each Nova program has its pros and cons, and as others have said choosing the right school is a personal choice that involves a lot of different factors. Best of luck to everyone.

Archived