Withdrawl Count

Hello,

Does having 3 withdrawn classes on your undergrad transcript look terrible to adcoms? Would having a gpa of around 3.5+ in the end balance this out (esp in those classes dropped)? Also, because I'm just recently deciding to pursue PA studies, it might take me an extra semester to finish my pre-reqs. Any advice on if I should take the extra year to spread out my pre req classes and gain HCE hours, or should I just max out hours and apply during my senior year? Thanks in advance for the help!

3 withdrawals: I personally might want to know why you withdrew from those classes. Were they pre-reqs? If not and you have a good reason for withdrawing, then you'll probably be fine.

Regarding your other pre-reqs: I would take the extra year and get as much HCE as possible. There is no substitute for quality HCE in a candidate or when you enter the classroom. Your HCE will teach you as much or more about medicine as many of your didactic courses.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

I'm thinking about withdrawing from my Orgo class this semester and retaking it in the Spring. I also wonder how W's look on your transcript. I have 2 already but a 3.7 GPA. I am having such a hard time understanding the concepts in Organic Chemistry that I know I will not end up with a good grade, that is why I want to do a tactical retreat, study & prepare myself better then try again in the Spring. I did very well in gen. chem, but Orgo is kicking my butt.......

Any advice or study tips for Orgo? Any books you recommend?

Guest askyoulc

I don't know about most schools, but University of North Texas asks for an explanation (but they don't give you really any room to fully explain) for all W's and grades below a C on your transcript.

I've never seen the exact date of the withdrawal be recorded on a transcript, but most schools do have deadlines. If you withdraw after the withdrawal deadline it might show up as a "withdrawn failing/WF" on your transcript, even if you were not failing the course when you dropped it. The rules for how that works are very different for each institution.

Archived