Prospective student

I am a 19 year old sophomore at the University of Iowa majoring in psychology with a 3.3 cum. gpa but i have ambitions to be a PA. So far this month i have about 70 hours as a cna in a nursing home in the dementia/alzheimers wing and 12 hours volunteering at the hospital in the burn treatment center (I just started both). I plan on taking a few courses at a community college such as biochem. I also have started a research practicum through the psychology dept.

I was looking at the school as a potential fit for me. I had a few questions for current students, 1. How do courses taken at community colleges fair in admissions process? Were there students that took courses through a community college? Also what were the averages in terms of gpa, hce, gre in your respective class?

Hi there. I took many of my required classes through a community college and I was never given the impression that it mattered at all to admissions.

I'm not sure about averages from my class. You should consider coming to one of our open houses! They have tons of info there... if you can't make it to any of the dates on the website, you can email them or call with questions. Everyone at RF is really nice. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Archived