Class of 2014!

Hey and thanks for starting this thread! :)

I have a stupid question. When I got the call yesterday all I heard was "I'm calling to offer you a seat..." and then I more or less freaked out and heard nothing else. I thought I heard her say that Ms. Gmuca would be sending us an email, followed by a formal letter in the mail with instructions - or am I making this up? In other words, do we need to do anything in the meantime until that formal letter shows up?

I'm so pumped... can't wait to start!!

OK, I spoke w/ Ms. Gmuca today and she says that we will need to send her an email to confirm after we receive the official letter in the mail - and that those of us who got called on Tuesday should be getting it in the next few days.

wbconner - congrats :) I think you were in my PBL demo group.

Thought I'd introduce myself, too. My name's Mary Jean Leonardi. I am switching careers after 20 years in education, mostly teaching anatomy and physiology at USC Upstate in Spartanburg. (Obviously, I'm not a spring chicken!) I have been working a second job as a CNA in Brain Injury Rehab for about 15 months. I have a husband, two kids (12 and 10), two dogs, and elderly parents who live with us. I will be commuting back to S'burg, SC whenever possible, hopefully at least twice a month, as my family is going to stay here. I grew up in Shelby, NC, and went to Duke University.

I interviewed on Friday, the 16th.

And ya'll??

Hi Mary Jean, Sage, and Allison,

Welcome!!! I'm Julie. Sage - A lot of Med/grad/PA students live in the two neighborhood right next to Baptist - Ardmore and West End. They are older home/apartments, but very affordable! Location here can be hit or miss. If you find a place here and want to run the location by me for safety I'm happy to give you my 2 cents!

So, maybe a silly little ice breaker so we can all start to getting to know each other....what are you doing between now and the start of school?

maryjean - I'm a Duke graduate too!!!

Between now and June 5, I'll be staying at my current job as a medical assistant in a pulmonary practice, reviewing some anatomy and medical terminology, and knitting socks. I'll probably make a trip to visit family on the other side of the world, seeing as I probably won't have too much free time once we get started. Other than that, I plan on just relaxing - nothing too interesting here :)

(Oh, and my name is Sydney.)

AH its a good thing we'll all be demon deacons together! My Carolina blue self is feeling a little surrounded by all the Duke blue ;)

As for now till June, I'll be keeping my job as a med assistant to a dermatologist, finishing up med term, hopefully reviewing A&P, crocheting a blanket (unfortunately Sydney, I cannot knit) and looking for $100K haha.

Allison, were you the other redhead?? I'm trying to remember names and faces...

Julie, thanks so much for the recommendations. I really appreciate them.

Maryjean - I interviewed on the 16th.

Hi Sydney! I think we will all be looking for that 100K!!!! I just did some calculations on a loan calculator and it made me sick! At least we get one year of subsidized loans!

Between now and June I will be finishing up my PhD and getting married - no pressure..right?! I'm still part-time working as an EMT in Forsyth, but considering dropping that. I'm also thinking about auditing Wake's gross anatomy. Oh and I gotta fit med term in there somewhere!!!

If any of you are in the Winston-Salem area over the next few months and would like to meet for lunch/dinner let me know!

Hi everyone!

I am so happy to meet all of you. My name is Melanie. I am still an undergraduate at Virginia Tech. I run emergency rescue and have done some medical assisting. I am super beyond thrilled to be a part of the class of 2014. Great question about the apartments! I am already excited and looking to figure out the living situations in the area. Did anyone here interview on Monday Sept. 12th?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived