Awards, Honors, and Leadership

I'm looking for a general idea what kind of awards, honors, leadership, etc. that they are looking for. Does this include only awards, etc. regarding undergrad? Or would imputing high school achieved awards be beneficial as well? If someone could point me in the right direction or give me some examples that they put, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I only included awards gained in college such as a leadership fraternity you are involved in or any high honors received such as presidents/deans list or being a lead member of an organization on campus. I have heard of people listing things as early as junior year of high school but I would not go any earlier than that when listing in CASPA. I would also make sure to put if you graduated any sort of -cum laude in college or hold a leadership position at work for your HCE.

• 4 months later...

What about including profesional awards such as Paramedic Unit of the Year, commendations etc. ?

I only included awards gained in college such as a leadership fraternity you are involved in or any high honors received such as presidents/deans list or being a lead member of an organization on campus. I have heard of people listing things as early as junior year of high school but I would not go any earlier than that when listing in CASPA. I would also make sure to put if you graduated any sort of -cum laude in college or hold a leadership position at work for your HCE.

I would include anything notable to be honest. Summa Cum Laude, Dean's list, Delta Nu award of academic excellence, any awards at work, etc.. I included being all-state in soccer since I felt it showed that I wasn't a one hit wonder with academics-- include things that show you are well rounded.

• 2 months later...

Archived