Sign in to follow this  
Avril_86

the supposed admissions favoritism

Would you say that the majority of the students who got in had graduated from a "sister school" (aka another Seventh-Day Adventist college)? My aunt was really trying to persuade me to go to La Sierra University because she strongly believed that it would automatically get my foot in the door of LLU's PA program, but I wasn't that impressed by La Sierra's overall reputation or campus so I rejected that idea almost immediately (plus I've attended an SDA high school and elementary practically my entire life so I wasn't too keen on seeing all of my old classmates again). I'd already read on another thread that in one LLU PA student's class only 25% of his or her classmates were actually SDA, but I'm sure there are some non-SDA students who've attended an SDA college before, and if they had then I don't know if their alma mater's affiliation with LLU gave them an edge over their competition... Could anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

Guest zamaraz2

The majority of students from this years class did not graduate from a SDA college. We all have very diverse backgrounds.

Guest zamaraz2

This year's class is very diverse. The majority did not attend a SDA college.

What are my chances of getting in if I am not a SDA? I really like the premise of LLU and I hope to get admitted into the PA program, but I'm definitely not SDA...

There may not be a SDA undergrad preference, but from talking with one person in their office, selection for the program, SDA is definitely preferred along with a couple of other things. So...pulled my application.

Rich

not really....i applied 2011 and am an SDA, and still got rejected....

maybe i needed more hours or I did bad on my interview?

so i'm reapplying again w/ more hrs,,,yehhhh

Class 2010. We had 26 total student, i beleve we had about 6 SDA. Had a bapstist, a few catholics and christians, a bitter person, a selfish person, ha! Also a muslim. It wasnt a problem. We all realised in clinical yr the common goal. Its about the bleeding guy who doesnt care if you are white, black, native american, asian when you put pressure on his squirting artery!