Out of curiosity...

Why doesn't this school have a ranking? It seems that there's tough competition to get in, hence it must have a considerable amount of public attention, so why does this school have no ranking in U.S. News and World Report's 2007 list of PA grad programs? Even the newer schools that only have provisional accreditation are mentioned on that list (only without a ranking) but this program, which is one of the older ones, is totally absent. The rankings probably don't mean much to any of you who've already been accepted, but I just found it odd. Also, could anyone please tell me a little about this school--for example, how the professors are and what the facilities are like? Does this school have any affiliations with John Hopkins? Have you known of any PA grads to do their residencies there?

The program at CCBC is a joint program with Towson University (TU) and issues a Master's degree to graduates (there is no certificate option like at AACC for example). I honestly do not know why this program is not ranked. You could try calling Shirley Shaw (program coordinator) and see if she knows why.

This program used to be affiliated with JHU; however, it is now partnered with TU. When I went for my interview the people I met (program professors and second year students) were all very nice and approachable. I shadowed a PA at PG Hospital Center who has worked as a PA in the DC Metro area for a long tme and he told me that the CCBC/TU program has a very good reputation.

This program is held at CCBC. There are numerous rooms dedicated to the program. You have access to all the facilities at both TU and CCBC as if you were a student of each campus. So both campus' libraries, fitness centers, etc.

Hope this helps some!

Emma :)

The list is comprised of Graduate PA Programs

The schools on the list are actual MS programs....not awarding programs in conjunction with another school. The program at CCBC cannot be considered a graduate program because it is Towson that actually awards the MS not CCBC

I havent seen the list because it my opinion it means nothing---but if you dont see Miami Dade College, Riverside, Red Rocks, SJVC.....then its because they do not award MS degrees. The schools I listed do not award MS degrees but some of them have an agreement with a local University to award the MS but that MS doesn ot come from the school with the PA program

I asked that question to Donna Sewell (the program director) during my interview at CCBC. She said that most of the community colleges are overlooked when it comes to country wide ranking. She also said that those rankings are often biased. The most important thing to look at is the passing rate for the PANCE. If the students graduating pass at or above the national average then it's a good school.

The most important thing to look at is the passing rate for the PANCE. If the students graduating pass at or above the national average then it's a good school.

Thanks. :) I wish every PA school displayed those statistics on their site, but they don't always do that. Or maybe I just looked in the wrong places.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived