Outstanding prerequisites

I know the mantra is to apply as early as possible however I will have some outstanding prerequisites when I do next April.  Does anyone have experience in applying when they aren't finished with their course load yet?  Should I wait until after a summer semester?  I didn't see if there was a total amount allowed to be outstanding either.

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge, thanks for everyone's contribution to help the application process.

I waited to complete genetics before I sent out my applications, so as a result I sent them out in the second or third week of May. I still got an interview at nearly every school (and obviously into UF). 

I would say which pre requisites you're talking about specifically, and when you'll complete them. I see you mentioned a summer semester, so if it's the difference between April and July rather than say April and mid-May you might want to go ahead and submit them. Couldn't hurt to follow-up with an email letting them know.

Thank you for the quick response.  I'll be still taking A&P 2, Chems and my Microbiology through Summer A and Summer B.  UF states that prerequisites must be completed by the end of the Fall semester but not the total amount. 

However I have been in school full time while working full time.  I'm hoping other parts of my application boost my chances such as the workload, my quality of HCE, gpa etc.

I waited to complete genetics before I sent out my applications, so as a result I sent them out in the second or third week of May. I still got an interview at nearly every school (and obviously into UF). 

I would say which pre requisites you're talking about specifically, and when you'll complete them. I see you mentioned a summer semester, so if it's the difference between April and July rather than say April and mid-May you might want to go ahead and submit them. Couldn't hurt to follow-up with an email letting them know.

I had a few outstanding when I applied. There is a way to indicate that you are working on certain classes on the CASPA. I'd still apply early and then update the program(s) of your progress. The only thing that I think should delay your application is if you need these classes to bump your GPA, then it might be worth it to avoid getting filtered out. If you are somewhere near the median, then I wouldn't worry about it too hard. 

All the best!

That's very encouraging, thank you.  My science GPA is currently a 4.0 and my non-science gpa is a 3.7 so just over the median.  I'm actually right on target with most things right now with the incoming class profile median so my fingers are crossed.

I had a few outstanding when I applied. There is a way to indicate that you are working on certain classes on the CASPA. I'd still apply early and then update the program(s) of your progress. The only thing that I think should delay your application is if you need these classes to bump your GPA, then it might be worth it to avoid getting filtered out. If you are somewhere near the median, then I wouldn't worry about it too hard. 

All the best!

Archived