Acceptance - Class of 2014

If any of you from out of state need some info about places to live or just things to do let me know. I live very close to Midwestern. I'm not interested in going the MWU and have applied elsewhere but would love to help out while I'm still living here. Just send me a personal message if you need anything and good luck to you all!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any of you from out of state need some info about places to live or just things to do let me know. I live very close to Midwestern. I'm not interested in going the MWU and have applied elsewhere but would love to help out while I'm still living here. Just send me a personal message if you need anything and good luck to you all!

Just curious why you don't want to go to MWU if you're so close? What's your first choice?

Just curious why you don't want to go to MWU if you're so close? What's your first choice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have also been accepted and am excited to start in June! I am from out of state and was wondering if anyone could give me advice regarding on campus vs. off campus housing? During our interview we were provided with some information regarding different options for on campus housing (one/two bedroom, luxury, etc.) but after looking online I cannot find any pictures of these apts. It also stated that on campus housing includes cable, internet, and water so your only bill would be electricity. Is it more cost effective to live on campus and if so what are the better options? Housing applications open in Dec and the MWU housing dept said they fill up fast but since I will not be able to fly down in time to view the apts I am a little hesitate about putting down a deposit on a place I've never seen. Are the apts nice and modern or pretty run down? Are the luxury apts really a better deal for the price difference? Any information would be extremely helpful. Or if you could tell me if off campus housing a better option and why. Thank you!!

Congrats, es6281! I don't know anything about the apartments other than what they told us at the interview/informational session, but I'm choosing off-campus living so I can "get away" from campus. My friend who's in the DO program now decided to live in the apartments across the street instead of on campus for the same reason. As for whether on- or off-campus living is better, I think it really depends on what you do or do not need/want as a student and person.

Perhaps you can call up the housing department for pictures. Although this doesn't show you actual pictures, here's a PDF I found with the floor plans: http://www.midwestern.edu/Documents/MWU_DG_ResidenceFloorPlans04.pdf.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I was recently accepted into the program and am also looking for a roommate! When I went out to Glendale for the interview I looked at a few places and have a decent idea of what areas are good to live in as well as what rent prices are like. If anyone else is interested in finding roommates then maybe we should start a new thread or maybe even get some contact info from each other. Let me know if anyone is up for that... Can't wait for June!

I was accepted in October, and it is with great pain that I say this, but I will be withdrawing my acceptance as I have gotten in in my home state. As much as I was excited about the move to warmer climates and also that I wouldn't have to shovel sunshine, I will be staying in Minnesota. It was good to meet all of you that I interviewed with and I hope that this opens up a spot for one of you on the waiting list! Good luck! :)

For those of you looking to live in on-campus housing vs off-campus..

I am a first year PA student and I currently live on campus. It's been okay and is certainly easy as far as setting things up and getting to class. If you live off campus, it's easier to find people to hang out with at the beginning of the program but mostly everyone gets invited to everything so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Weigh on cost, if that's important and go from there. All the apartments are nice off of campus and they are used to working with students so it should be fairly easy. Most of the PA students live in San Lagos then San Prado then Sage Stone. A few others live over by Arrowhead mall at 75th and the rest are scattered about the valley.

I spent way too much time trying to debate where I was going to live and if I had to do it over, I would just live in Lagos because that is where I spend most of my time. Also, the first couple quarters you spend so much time on campus that living on campus is hard. Now that we are in 3rd quarter, it's not such a big deal.

Most important, don't stress about it. Regardless, you'll have a place to live. Enjoy your last 6 months and congratulations! :)

Also, the floor plans posted above are for the DG campus. Below are the two bedrooms at the Glendale campus. The left is the smaller 2-bedroom without laundry and the right is the luxury 2-bedroom with laundry but no dishwasher. I don't have the floor plans for the others but the bathroom in the Studio is the size of the 2nd bathroom in the luxury 2-bedroom for those who are wondering.

post-30430-137934850965_thumb.png

post-30430-137934850962_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Congrats on your acceptances. I am a first year D.O. student at Midwestern and my husband and I are looking to buy a house, but we need someone to take over our lease at the condo we are renting. We are hoping to move during spring break (end of February) and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in taking over. We would be willing to wait until end of March or end of April if you didn't want to take over as early as February. The address is 7101 W Beardsley Rd Glendale, AZ- it's about 7 minutes from school. Gated community with pool. The condo is 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1000 sq. ft. It has a gorgeous view of the golf course. Rent is $817 (that includes the renter's tax) and utilities are about $120/month. I can send pictures and more information if interested. Please send me an email at katekimes@gmail.com if you're interested

• 2 weeks later...

Archived