~ MEDEX BCHS Class of 2014 ~

Sooooo was sitting outside looking @ the red skies here in GA and my phone rang with an "unknown" number... "Luke, this is Tony Skaggs from MEDEX how's the weather in GA? Do you think you could handle the weather in Washington?" I got THE call!!!! I’m SOOOO excited!!! Sorry, if y’all could hear me yelling from the great northwest… I can’t believe it, I’m so proud to be a part of such a phenomenal group!!! Can’t wait to read more stories of people getting THE call :-D

-Luke soon to be PA-S (student :-D)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, my mail carrier will be happy not to have to drive his truck back into my woods anymore much less deal with my pile of letters... Haha!

Tawna, yaaaaaaaay!!! I kept hoping to be in a class with you & Sara! What awesome cheerleaders y'all have been!!

Dustin, you owe me $50... When they asked who I'd save an invite for I said you... So, your welcome. Haha, jk! Congrats Bro!

-Luke

Luke...the mail carrier will be relieved to know they won't have to deal with your overflowing mailbox until sometime in July. Rich...never had any doubt. Welcome back to Yakima. Keep the good news coming guys.

Steve

Thanks again for all your support and encouragement! Looking forward to seeing you soon...perhaps in the Hood sometime over the Christmas break?!

Alright well Tawna and I can't wait until tomorrow night for our Vancouver/Portland gathering. There needs to be at least one toast tonight! :) Cheers to all our new friends! Can't wait! I'll probably do something really nerdy like start a Facebook page for Yakima #19. I'll keep ya posted :) Still waiting on Don, Derek, David, and Travis!!! Sending the good vibes!

By my count that's 7 in so far. I went to check the mailbox just now, with a frown, but nothing yet. Either way it goes, you all are an amazing group, and will make excellent PAs one day. Hopefully I will see you again soon.

Good luck to the rest of us waiting for that call!

David

PS - told you so Sara! You did great!

Okay, I typically do not... let me restate that, NEVER have my cell phone on my person during work. However, in light of recent events I am making an exception to this rule, & am looking at it as a teaching opportunity should I get that call while I am teaching my MA students. So what do I do tonight when class is over? I left it in my lab coat & couldn't get back in the building to get it :) So, I'm already anxious about getting the call, & now I'll be rushing back to work first thing in the morning on my day off to get it back, hoping I didn't miss the call.

I'm sure that you all either were with me, or are still with me, when I say that I have been dreaming of nothing but how I could have better answered questions at that interview, or how I wish I had the opportunity to tell them just a few more things about myself that would make me look a little better. I'm kicking myself right now because I failed to bring up the fact that I have retaken an A&P class that was getting old, or that I am also doing volunteer work at my son's elementary school, & that both of these things have taken place after I submitted my app.

I can't sleep, & am just re-reading the posts & emails of those of you who have gotten the call... It makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside to know that so many of you whom I also felt were stellar applicants are getting called. I am extremely happy for you all, & very hopeful for those of us still sitting on pins & needles.

Thanks for letting me vent... Hopefully I will be posting positive news here soon, too. And, keep those updates coming :)

I missed the call, but they did leave a voicemail, with a follow up email the next day. Be sure to check your voicemail when you get to your phone! (I interviewed for the MCHS program, but am guessing they will let everyone know the same)

Thanks for that info. Got my phone this morning. I'm even taking it in the bathroom with me now, LOL. Who else is going as crazy as me right now?

I am. I'm happy for everyone who's gotten thier call, and am trying to accept that I may have to wait for next year. By my count there should have been 10ish calls made on Thursday, leaving roughly 16 left to be made. Does anyone know if they're done or just waiting for the next bunch? Did the email say?

I am. I'm happy for everyone who's gotten thier call, and am trying to accept that I may have to wait for next year. By my count there should have been 10ish calls made on Thursday, leaving roughly 16 left to be made. Does anyone know if they're done or just waiting for the next bunch? Did the email say?

No the email pretty much said "this is to confirm your phone call. You will receive a package in the mail soon." It made no mention of the next interview date. Maybe they're just making you sweat it out a bit?? I know they said less than 4 weeks.

I heard a rumor that there would be another interview in January for those in the military who are overseas and weren't able to make the interview last weekend. I have only been able to confirm 10 people who have been accepted, but I don't know if that is the total. I know how you must be feeling David, but don't lose hope. It's still really early. Keeping positive thoughts for you too, Don and Jessie :)

Sara

Hey everyone,

I know it's tough to wait on that call but until (or if) you get a letter to the contrary, you are still in the running.

A couple things to remember, the ADCOM is in Anchorage at this very moment interviewing for the ANC class and many of those who will be making the calls are there now. Historically, Yakima applicants expect to wait as long as December 23rd but there was a push to make some calls right away.

Also, there are at least 24 seats to fill and less than half the class has been filled. If you do the math, it should help you feel a lot more confident.

Just know that we are pulling for you and look forward to hearing your good news...whenever that comes.

Thank you to those who are in and continue to encourage those of us who are still waiting. It has been a rough week and the anxiety has grown to much greater proportions knowing some have been chosen. The idea of another interview

makes me more concerned but I truly believe if it's meant to be, it will be. This is my calling and I will continue on no

matter what... Congrats again to everyone! You deserve those spots!

Archived