Early Admission Interviews

I don't think that they will get back to us until the 1st of October at the earliest, and that is for early decision only. Wish you luck though, and maybe I will see you here sometime for an interview! I an completing undergrad here and also applied to the PA program for early decision. If you have any questions about the school or campus feel free to ask (assuming you are not a student here as well).

• 2 weeks later...

HI! I just got an email from USA requesting an interview for early decision! :) It is a two-day process, a Fri and Sat Oct 21 and 22. Anyone else? I currently attend at USA for undergrad and am happy to help anyone who might be traveling or not familiar with the area in any way I can. Hope to 'meet' everyone else soon!

I received the same email:). Hopefully this helps others who are hoping for that email as well! I have a bit of a hiccup on my pre-reqs and I'm hoping it should be resolved soon...I'll find out more next week sometime. Hopefully, however, I will see everyone there the 21st!

I was unable to make the open house as I was interviewing elsewhere. I hope it went well though! I am curious though, since there is a dinner on the Friday before we interview on Saturday, what do applicants wear to the dinner? Is it as formal as interview day? I am a current student at USA and will be there for classes on Friday but I am not sure what to bring to change into. You know how Murphy's Law goes- I'd hate to wear my suit and get something on it at the dinner and then not have time to get in cleaned before the interviews the next morning!

I happened to see our pre-health adviser yesterday, so I asked her if she knew the attire for the dinner. I still think that there will be further info in the letter we are supposed to get, but she said that it is not suit and tie, but business casual type clothes, i.e. you are ok wearing nice slacks/skirt and button down shirt/blouse. Hope this helps everyone plan!

Everyone,

Dinner...

I am current 2nd year student. The dinner is hosted by the 1st year class and no staff or interviewers will be present. The dinner gives the interviewees a chance to speak openly with current students, mostly 1st years, about the program. Most of the students will be wearing program polos w/ dockers/jeans.

Wesley PA-S

I was wondering the same thing.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, Wesley. I've been keeping an eye on your class via the USA pa 2013 facebook page. You guys seem to have a pretty close-knit relationship amongst the students. That is pretty nice to know. My name is Joey, btw. I'll make sure to introduce myself if I see you at the dinner.

So how did everyone's interviews go? I thought mine went very well. My two interviewers were super friendly and I felt very comfortable. It felt more like a conversation than an interview to me. The facilities at USA are excellent and I was very impressed. I cannot say thanks enough to the students who made us all feel at home from the minute we got to meet them. My wife and I really like Mobile and I thought my fellow interviewees were all very impressive. Hope to hear good news in a couple of weeks.

Jazzyjoker, I think we sat together at the dinner- my husband was with me and I think we were the only ones with a spouse with us. I am glad to hear that you feel good about your interview! I also felt that mine was relaxed and very conversational. I enjoyed it. You are right, USA does have good facilities. The building that houses the PA program (and MANY other allied health profession programs) is new- about three years old I think. The program is strong. I look forward to hearing back from USA soon. I enjoyed chatting with all my fellow interviewees as well. I have to also thank the students that were there the entire time. I got to meet students at some other programs, and a couple of times they even gave us the tour, but I really liked how much they were involved at USA-it really stood out to me! Let's all keep each other posted!

Archived